question

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 asked ·

Issues with Manually Specifying Fitment

We're running into an issue occasionally that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on....for performance purposes, we have downloaded the MVL file (last updated in October) and are using it to specify parts compatibility for items that are not in the eBay catalog. Our system does not store the actual EPID values for matching vehicles (to protect ourselves against MVL values changing), but instead we store the search criteria (for example, 2007-2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500) and matches it against the local copy of the MVL when we upload our item, sending the actual values in the MVL to ensure that they match. However, occasionally, we get some or all of our compatibility info rejected, saying name, value, or name/value pair does not match. My first thought was there was an updated MVL that we needed to load into our system, but eBay still shows the same October file as available for upload. Has anyone run into this, and what did you find out as a solution?
additemitemcompatibilitylistmvl
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prussianmotors avatar image
0 Likes"
prussianmotors answered ·
Yes, you can just download & update the compatibility data periodically and store it. You don't have to call it every time you make a listing. You can use the eBay API test tool to try out the getCompatibilitySearchValues call. The test tool is here if you don't already use it: https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/build-test/test-tool/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prussianmotors avatar image
0 Likes"
prussianmotors answered ·
Did you download the mvl file from eBay's website, or did you download the info via the API? I did the API download awhile ago, but I believe you do a call to the Product Metadata API and do a getCompatibilitySearchValues Request. Let me know how that works out for you. That seems to gives more current information than the files on eBay's site. Although, in general I have found the some of the vehicle model/year/engine/trim values to be contradictory, incomplete, incorrect, etc. -Merritt
· 1 · Share

I downloaded the MVL ZIP file from the eBay web site, and loaded the CSV into our local database. Our goal was to get as much of the data stored locally as possible, to avoid the delays of connecting to the API and requesting the data (our facility processes between 100-200 items a day, so any way to speed things up helps). If I'm understanding your response correctly, there's a way in the API to download an "updated" version of the data in the CSV? If so, I could look into that as a way to update the information that we store locally.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.