question

bertsirkin avatar image
0 Likes"
bertsirkin asked ·

Adding an International shipping option

I'm using the SOAP API for listing fixed-price auctions. I currently list using a flat domestic shipping, but want to add flat international shipping. My vb.net code looks like this: Dim sdt As ShippingDetailsType = New ShippingDetailsType sdt.ShippingType = ShippingTypeCodeType.Flat sdt.InsuranceOption = InsuranceOptionCodeType.NotOffered sdt.PaymentInstructions = "xxxxxxxxxxx" sdt.ShippingServiceUsed = "USPSFirstClass" Dim ssot(0) As ShippingServiceOptionsType at = New AmountType at.currencyID = CurrencyCodeType.USD at.Value = Convert.ToSingle([some value]) ssot(0) = New ShippingServiceOptionsType ssot(0).ShippingServiceCost = at ssot(0).ShippingService = "USPSFirstClass" sdt.ShippingServiceOptions = ssot it.ShippingDetails = sdt ' where "it" is "ItemType" I tried adding a second element to the ShippingServiceOptionsType array with "USPSFirstClassMailInternational" as the ShippingServiceUsed, but got the following error: "*USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service is not a valid domestic Shipping Service*" What do I have to do to add an flat international shipping cost??
shippingdetailssoapinternational-shippingvb.netshippingserviceoptions
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I also had to add shipping locations, but I finally figured it out. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes 0 · ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, You can add an International shipping type by specifying the InternationalShippingServiceOptionType : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.ShippingDetails.InternationalShippingServiceOption in ShippingDetails container. Specifying the ShippingType : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.ShippingDetails.ShippingType as Flat should apply to both domestic and international shipping. I hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bertsirkin avatar image
0 Likes"
bertsirkin answered ·
I had to add shipping locations as well, but I finally figured it out. thanks,

bertsirkin avatar image
0 Likes"
bertsirkin answered ·
Thanks, @shrut_h. I figured out that I needed to create a **InternationalShippingServiceOptionsType**, but I'm confused about how to assign it to the **ShippingDetails**. I'm currently creating a **ShppingServeOptionsType** for the domestic shipping and assigning it to a item.shippingDetails object: it.ShippingDetails = sdt How do I also assign the **InternationalShippingServiceOptionsType** to the **ShippingDetails** object??

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.