question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
1 Like"
InactiveAutoUser asked ·

How to extract Orders that has been paid and not yet Shipped using GetOrders API

Hi,

I am developing an application to extract out all Orders that has been paid but have not been shipped out yet.

From the Call Reference documentation for GetOrders API the definition is as the following :-

•   Active             (in/out) The cart is active. Items can only be added, deleted, or updated in the cart when status is Active.

•   Completed   (in/out) The order is completed.

•   Shipped        (in/out) The order was shipped. Half.com users can specify this in the GetOrders input.

I've come across an issue whereby when i extract out, i get records with Status Completed but the dispatch date is not null.

Shouldn't the status of the order be changed to Shipped in this kind of situation ??

Or is there any other way i can extract from the GetOrders API with the criteria that Orders have been paid but not yet been

dispatched.

Thank You.

apigetordersorderstatus
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

illinidecroos_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
illinidecroos_0 answered ·
How To Extract Orders That Has Been Paid And Not Yet Shipped Using GetOrders API through specific [channel][1] [1]: http://channel.pk/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

silverinstyle avatar image
0 Likes"
silverinstyle answered ·
Well, i got the orders to be shipped by following params using php. GetSellingManagerSoldListingsRequest $xmlReq .= ' PaidNotShipped '; I hope you got the filter param "PaidNoTShipped". You will get a order_line_item_id in this response and using this just make a another call with this order line item id GetOrderTransactions and you will get the rest information. Use ` ReturnAll ` in GetOrderTransactions to get extended result. Let me know if you want to know more about api calls.

supplies-it avatar image
0 Likes"
supplies-it answered ·
I didn't experience that. All our orders have payment data. If it is pending I just recheck status when getting orders. And again at the very first of the fulfillment logic. I do it at two different spots is because these are seperate logic groups and each group is automated that runs on timed intervals. We looked at tapping paypal too, but that added another layer that wasn't required. We have integrated our logic to pull everything into the backend of our e-commerce app (pulls all 3rd party channels in) everything works well. We send out products from our e-commerce backend to 3rd party channels to create and update listings, pull in the orders for fulfillment and the send fulfillment data back to 3rd party channels. This way all our orders are merged together in one list in one format with a flag for what channel it came through. I use the internal order data to get which orders are not paid and need to recheck payment status. The only channel I have this issue with is eBay. My basic logic goes like this: 1. Get all internal orders from the eBay channel that are pending payment. 2. Check the payment status on each order. a. If payment status shows no error then update internal order status. b. If payment failed then set status on internal order c. If payment status is still pending then move on doing nothing 3. Get All Orders from start time to end time Start time is last time I got the orders. End time is right now. Using this logic, We get every single order, We know which orders to fulfill and which orders to follow up on for non payment. We never miss a beat with it and have minimal code for maintenance and execution.
· 2 · Share

I will add that we don't print labels from eBay but rather use carriers directly.
0 Likes 0 · ·
I'll also add that I check the order ID to make sure I don't import duplicate orders. Once we update tracking internally (an automated process), it automatically updates tracking on the correct 3rd party channel. This way we don't need to go back to a 3rd party channel to update anything for the order. Because of the time interval on the query, we don't get orders that have been fulfilled in the result.
0 Likes 0 · ·
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Look at the checkout status, status and eBayPaymentStatus = NoPaymentFailure I did one of these a while back and ended up discarding the eBay API entirely for payment processing because it's such a convoluted mess of value combinations and negative logic and wasn't at all clear on payment status. If you're going to use the eBay API for payment processing, be really careful about refunds, adjustments and split payments. IIRC correctly, payment info isn't available in the GetOrders API until the order is shipped, then it goes into completed status. But it's completely possible we missed some other option. We took another approach: Instead we implemented a PayPal IPN handler which is more straightforward, but limited to PayPal, so it might not be useful to everyone. The eBay order data is all included in the PayPal data, so we receive orders thru PayPal IPN and store them in a database in OPEN status. One order per unique PayPal transaction ID (payment). You can do pretty much whatever you want with a local database. We pick/monitor off a report page that looks at that database. The orders in this database usually match the payment status on the eBay sold page (sometimes small delays). Move completed orders from your production to a local server and you can do lots of things with it like reporting locally, sending data to quickbooks, etc. During eBay label printing, the eBay order gets set to Complete status at eBay. After printing labels a background/manual process uses GetOrders "Complete" to retrieve the PayPal txn ID and the tracking numbers. Each completed PayPal TransationID/Order gets set to Complete in our database and the tracking info is stored. We also used GetOrders to fetch pending eBay orders that haven't been paid (not yet sent by PayPal) .

supplies-it avatar image
0 Likes"
supplies-it answered ·
What I did was just all of the orders, regardless of payment status. Since I am storing the data locally, I was then able to filter orders that are not paid. Each time I collect the orders since last time I got collected them (based on date filters in query), Then I would first get all unpaid orders and check the payment status from transactions list on the order data. I would rather the order not even be in the list if it isn't paid for, but I couldn't figure out the buy now pay later feature and how to turn it off. It seems that some orders have been sitting out there not paid for for several weeks, more than a month.

artitmediauk avatar image
0 Likes"
artitmediauk answered ·
For the moment, all I can think of is that you can loop through the latest orders and check for the node, which will determine which one is dispatched and which not... More ideas would be greatly appreciated by many developers, I am sure :)

artitmediauk avatar image
0 Likes"
artitmediauk answered ·
Hi all. I am searching for the same thing. Anyone found the solution? Thanks

tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 answered ·

Hi,

"Shipped" is valid only for half.com.  Please refer to the call reference page here -

http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/Reference/eBay/GetOrders.html#Request.OrderStatus 

Regards,

· 1 · Share

Hi,

So is there any way to retrieve out Orders that has already been paid but not yet shipped with the GetOrders Call Reference. How do i identify Orders that have been shipped.

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.