question

mike-stavro avatar image
0 Likes"
mike-stavro asked ·

Merchandising Service not working anymore?

Im trying to call the "daily deals" from the Merchanding API, but it throws Invalid version format error eveytime, is this API still working or was it replace to another , I already tried 1.0.0 and 1.1.0
trading apitrading-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

localextends1 avatar image
0 Likes"
localextends1 answered ·
Hello, Any progress with this issue ? 10x

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

qazzeshop avatar image
0 Likes"
qazzeshop answered ·
Hello, Is Merchandising **Production** API **SOAP** service running well? I always get an exception with error: "The request failed with an empty response." Sandbox SOAP and Production HTTP Get services look fine. I'm trying with this example: [ https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1][1]507 [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1507

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Ok, that's the getMostWatchedItems API call. I've used that one too a bunch. There are some accidental spaces in that URL, probably causing the invalid version error (that's the case for me). Once I remove them, the call seems to work fine. I also always recommend bringing the Service Version current (or almost current), so in this case: 1.1.0 to 1.5.0 . And being explicit about which eBay site you are wanting: &GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US

mike-stavro avatar image
0 Likes"
mike-stavro answered ·
Hi helios, For example, Im trying to get "Making a Call" on the Merchandising API and it shows the error of invalid version: http://svcs.ebay.com/MerchandisingService?OPERATION-NAME=getMostWatchedItems &SERVICE-NAME=MerchandisingService &SERVICE-VERSION=1.1.0 &CONSUMER-ID=YourAppID &RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML &REST-PAYLOAD &categoryId=267

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Specifically, which API call in the Merchandising API family are you attempting to use? Including a code sample (with your AppID masked out) would be really helpful.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.