question

diz5123 avatar image
0 Likes"
diz5123 asked

Empty message body when answering buyer question from 3rd Party application

hi, we are developing a custom e-mail reader which uses MS Exchange to send e-mails. Unfortunately, when answering an incoming buyer question, the resulting message in ebay is shown as empty. But the e-mails looks fine in other clients like Outlook. Is there any way I can check my generated html mails if it is valid and usable for the ebay message parser? Or are there any other clues how to fix this? Thanks!
message-parsing
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi @diz5123 Are you using any eBay apis to reply to the messages ? If so, please specify the api. Thanks
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

diz5123 avatar image
0 Likes"
diz5123 answered
Hi, No API. I am responding to an e-mail sent by ebay to an external e-mail address. My answer is sent back via e-mail to the buyers ebay address and shows up in his inbox. But unfortunately it shows up as empty, the actual answer is missing. If sent the same e-mail via CC to a non ebay e-mail address that it looks absolutly fine. I guess that ebay parses the mail for the answering text to highlight it and can't find it for some reason.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.