question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Should I use AddItem or AddFixedPriceItem?

I want to use the API to add and manage listings on ebay and need some advice. All of the listings will be fixed-price -- I will not be doing any auction style listings at all. I want to take advantage of the out-of-stock feature that keeps listings alive when out of inventory. I want to allow for combined shipping so that users can add multiple items to their cart and checkout, only paying one shipping fee. I would like to use variations to allow for pricing tiers for different quantities of the item (i.e. 1 item $100, 5 items $75, etc.), **however** variations don't seem to be supported in Business & Industrial, which is where almost all of my listings will live. As such I suppose I won't be using variations. I am unsure of whether I should use the AddItem or AddFixedPriceItem API calls. I've been reading the documentation over and over again, but I'm just not sure which family of API calls is most appropriate for my situation. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thank you.
addfixedpriceitemadditemshippingfixedpriceitemcombined paymentsoutofstockcontrol
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, AddFixedPriceItem seems the most appropriate for the kind of listings that you have and the kind of requirements that you have. Regarding the Variations not enabled for Business & Industrial, every category has specific features that are enabled which you will have to find out using the GetCategoryFeatures APi Call. If you have further questions, do let us know. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.