question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser asked

Simple Method to Get all Ebay Categories

Hi,

Are there any methods for simply getting all the Ebay Categories? Seems like a common request. I see

GetCategoryInfo

but I have not been able to get this to work.

I have done some of the .net tutorials but they do not go into this. When you use GetCategoriesCall is requires a CategorySiteId which I assume is your site id. what if I do not have a site and just want to list out all the ebay categories?

I work in javascript and .net

thanks,

Paul

categoriesgetcategoryinfo
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

Paul, I recommend carefully building a REST call for GetCategoryInfo in a text editor and then pasting into your browser to get a sense for how it works. As you get to know the call, you can then build a script to traverse the tree structure and retrieve all categories.

"All categories" is a bit grandiose. Instead, choose an eBay site (SiteID) and go from there.

-h

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oldcashregisterme avatar image
0 Likes"
oldcashregisterme answered

with the new ebay page it all ready says all categories so you do not need to worry about not having it on the ebay site. If you look up something like antiques, you would click on the ebay categories list and then find all categories again.

I hope this makes since,

thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.