question

thevinylhub avatar image
0 Likes"
thevinylhub asked

related items search

Can any one help i'm very new to all things web and learning as I go. I'm trying to use the ebay api to view related items using owl carousel to then display the results. I have tried using the findItemsIneBayStores, findItemsByKeywords and GetSingleItem call all with success but my problem is that all results returned are variations of 1 listing and not separate auctions. How can I display the separate auctions in a category for example, not variations of 1 listing? If any one can help point me in the right direction t it would be really appreciated. thanks.
api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
There's a call in the Merchandising API called getSimilarItems. I've never used it but [check out the docs][1] as it sounds like it might be what you're seeking. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/merchandising/docs/CallRef/getSimilarItems.html
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thevinylhub avatar image
0 Likes"
thevinylhub answered
Hi helios825 thanks for the reply i will do just that. thanks
10 |600

thevinylhub avatar image
0 Likes"
thevinylhub answered
Hi sadly this isn't what im looking for, do you by any chance have any other idea on stopping the variations, is there a filter that can be used. thanks
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
Have you tried using the item filter "HideDuplicateItems" ? [Read about it here][1]. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/types/ItemFilterType.html
10 |600

thevinylhub avatar image
0 Likes"
thevinylhub answered
Hi helios thanks again for your help, the "HideDuplicateItems" filter never altered the results.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.