question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

getTopSellingProducts returns result without priceRangeMax and priceRangeMin

Hello, i am new to using EBAY developer API and i want to get top selling products and i am getting top selling products but call is not returned with price range max and price range min. here is the call i am using to get results. $responses = file_get_contents(" http://svcs.ebay.com/MerchandisingService?OPERATION-NAME=getTopSellingProducts&SERVICE-NAME=MerchandisingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.1.0&CONSUMER-ID=".$app_id."&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD"); Please help me solving this problem. Regards: Jazz
gettopsellingproducts
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
You're right. It's documented in the output fields, as you noted. But missing in actuality. Seems like a bug.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
According to [the docs][1], price range filters aren't supported. Nor did you specify any such params in your call. Also, when things don't work as expected in an API call, first cleanup the small things which shouldn't make a difference but sometimes do. Like in your case, use a recent SERVICE-VERSION instead of 1.1.0. Also, it's always good to be explicit about which GlobalID you're calling to, like EBAY-US. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/merchandising/docs/CallRef/getTopSellingProducts.html#getTopSellingProducts
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered

According to the docs, price range filters aren't supported.

It's not a filter, it's a response describing the product price range based on active listings on eBay.

<priceRangeMin currencyId="USD">0.01</priceRangeMin>

<priceRangeMax currencyId="USD">1449.0</priceRangeMax> These fields are missing.
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Yeah or maybe the data was pulled because it conflicted with the display of average pricing rules in some fashion?
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
Could be. Sometimes they forget to update the docs when a policy change occurs. (There's still mention of an asterisk/wildcard [towards the end of this table][1].) [1]: http://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/use-cases/srching-by-keywords
10 |600

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
@helios825 you mean to say it's allright from my side but there is some document updation problems from ebay side ? i think now they are not supporting price ranges in the response ..
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Yes, that's probably the case - the call response is normal, but the docs are outdated on those price range nodes. Clickprime is the one who really identified that (he deserves the Best Answer credit). The sorting of responses in these forum threads can be a little funky.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.