question

365_engines_ltd avatar image
0 Likes"
365_engines_ltd asked ·

Does The API require all three business policies to be defined?

Hi, Our software developer has added code to set the returns policy and payment policy for all items when listed, however we listed some new items, and they are no longer being assigned a postage business policy. So my question is, does the api require all three policies to be defined per listing, and if no shipping policy is defined, will it leave it blank? Kind Regards.
business policies management apishipping-missing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bookaw avatar image
0 Likes"
bookaw answered ·
my headers: X-Ebay-Soa-Security-Token: **omitted** X-Ebay-Soa-Global-Id: EBAY-US Connection: close Connect-Time: 1 User-Agent: python-requests/2.3.0 CPython/2.7.6 Linux/3.13.0-24-generic X-Ebay-Soa-Operation-Name: addSellerProfile Accept: */* Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, You will have to specify the Shipping for an item either via a business policy or via the ShippingDetails container. An item cannot be listed without a Shipping service. Cheers!!!
·

siliconsector avatar image
0 Likes"
siliconsector answered ·
As of dec 13 /14 I am running AddItem and AddFixedpriceItem code every day, with no business policies defined, and all listings deploy perfectly. I use traditional PaymentDetails, ShippingDetails, and ReturnPolicy structures in the Item object and they work fine. If it's not broken, don't fix it.
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.