question

dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 asked

checkout in the sandbox with pay by paypal is not working

When I try to test my code by paying for a listing and checking out in the sandbox, it takes me to the login to ebay page instead of the login to paypal page. I am already logged in to ebay. After logging in again, I see the "review your order page", click Continue and it once again takes me to the login to ebay page, and back again to the review page in an endless loop (not endless, after 5 or so times I give up). Anyone else having this problem? I have cookies accepted in the browser, so that is not the problem.
checkout sandbox
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I retract this. I tried in another browser and it worked, so I guess even though I thought I was accepting cookies in Chrome, I wasn't. Sorry about that.
0 Likes 0 ·
dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 answered
I see that this is the same problem referred to recently with the subject line: Recurring Logouts from Sandbox Accounts (Sandbox DE) except now it's happehing in Sandbox US. I did check System Announcements before reporting this. Since it seems to be a known problem WHY IS IT NOT REPORTED THERE?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

martinabooker avatar image
0 Likes"
martinabooker answered
Same issue here. Testing on a new release of our system is now at a standstill and I am unable to offer support for existing deployments as I am unable to reproduce their issues in the sandbox environment.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
We have sandbox issues from time to time. And in general you will be asked to sign in constantly in sandbox. That is because we have to piece together sandbox little by little. It is annoying but just the way it works as of now. With that said there are no issues or bugs as of now. Checkout is working for the US site.

sir_dorian_gray avatar image
0 Likes"
sir_dorian_gray answered
That's the way I solved it...I used the US-Site (.com) First of all copy your sandbox password to clipboard. You'll need it a million times :-) 1. empty your browser-cache (I decided to use a browser I don't use very often, so I don't loose my settings in my standard-browser) 2. open the link of your test-ebay-item in incognito window. Cut everything after the item-number i.e. http://cgi.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=777777777777 3. click on buy now 4. Login, stay signed in = OFF (uncheck the box) 5. Click on the blue button in the upper right "Continue Payment" ---------------- I never reached this step (or status) when loggin in with cookies...let's go on... 6. you are asked to log in again, proceed with trying it...it will fail, over and over again 7. copy the current URL to clipboard 8. Switch to normal (Cookie activated) tab or browser and paste in the URL 9. Login, finish the Checkout by clicking the blue button in the upper right "Continue Payment" to proceed to PayPal 10. Login with you Sandbox-Account 11. Pay with PayPal In your BUYER-sandbox account you should now see the purchased item(s). By clicking on "view payment transaction" you are forwarded to PayPal sandbox. On the very bottom of the details-page you have a little link. It says something like "accept sandbox payment". I hope it helps someone... Greetings from germany. Jasiek

That is one way to do it :) Thanks for the steps.
0 Likes 0 ·
I haven't tried your procedure but this is not NORMAL!!! Why should we have to go thru such contortions to checkout in the sandbox. It used to work well. Obviously some recent change has broken things. Why doesn't someone from eBay try checking out in the US site so they can see how messed up it is and maybe do something about fixing it.
0 Likes 0 ·
No it is not normal. But we are in the midst of having sandbox mirror production. So in the meantime you will see sandbox will get "worse" before it gets better. As of now this is one of the side effects. Eventually when this mirror project is done sandbox should be close to as smooth as production. Sorry for the temp inconvenience.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi jourbandts, I'm trying to test my new app on ebay and have exactly the same problem as dellbell99 described. It is middle of february 2015 and it still doesn't work? I thought eBay is a service with good quality tools - but I found your sandbox unusefull because of those problems with checkout in sandbox ... How can I test downloading orders via API if I cannot make any testing order at all? Is there any way to handle this problem? Or it "just doesn't work"?
0 Likes 0 ·
nitramii avatar image
0 Likes"
nitramii answered
As of August 2015, the problem–or a derivate of it–persists: Now you dont get logged out when you check out, but you see an error as soon as you click on "Jetzt bezahlen" ("Pay Now"), at least in the German sandbox www.sandbox.ebay.de. This is what the web site shows on https://checkout.payments.sandbox.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?XOProcessor&sessionid=xxxxxxxxx&errorcode=70005&pagename=error Ihre Anfrage kann zurzeit nicht bearbeitet werden. Sollte diese Nachricht mehrmals angezeigt werden, setzen Sie sich bitte mit uns in Verbindung, damit wir Ihnen bei der Lösung des Problems helfen können. Error code: 70005

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.