question

taoski avatar image
0 Likes"
taoski asked ·

Odd Prices Returned Between Countries

I am writing a PHP script that looks for items that are a specific price. The calls seem to work fine for ebay.com (US) but not for other countries, where similar prices are shown. eg: When I query the US, looking for items that are a min and max price of 50.20, the correct items are shown. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&REST-PAYLOAD=true&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=APPIDHERE&keywords=(sale,new,buy,the,is,or,and)&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML⁡filiate.trackingId=1234567890⁡filiate.networkId=9⁡filiate.customId=test-50.20&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&outputSelector=CategoryHistogram⁢emFilter(0).name=ListingType⁢emFilter.value(0)=FixedPrice⁢emFilter(1).name=MinPrice⁢emFilter(1).value=50.20⁢emFilter(2).name=MaxPrice⁢emFilter(2).value=50.20⁢emFilter(3).name=ListedIn⁢emFilter(3).value=EBAY-US⁢emFilter(4).name=FreeShippingOnly⁢emFilter(4).value=true However, when using the exact same script and criteria, but switching it to UK, items are shown that are 50.39 http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&REST-PAYLOAD=true&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&SECURITY-APPNAME=APPIDHERE&keywords=(sale,new,buy,the,is,or,and)&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML⁡filiate.trackingId=1234567890⁡filiate.networkId=9⁡filiate.customId=test-50.20&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&outputSelector=CategoryHistogram⁢emFilter(0).name=ListingType⁢emFilter.value(0)=FixedPrice⁢emFilter(1).name=MinPrice⁢emFilter(1).value=50.20⁢emFilter(2).name=MaxPrice⁢emFilter(2).value=50.20⁢emFilter(3).name=ListedIn⁢emFilter(3).value=EBAY-GB⁢emFilter(4).name=FreeShippingOnly⁢emFilter(4).value=true⁢emFilter(5).name=Currency⁢emFilter(5).value=GBP Replace "APPIDHERE" with your own APP ID to test. The same issue occurs when switching to another eBay country too. I have tried to narrow the problem down by removing items that are not listed in the country of origin etc, but it is driving me mad! :) I assume some sort of conversion is going on...
finditemsadvancedprices
· 1
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Click. It does seem to be hit and miss at times. At the moment, it is doing it for items that are 50, showing them as £49.96 :)
0 Likes 0 · ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I haven't been able to replicate the problem. I dropped in my AppID for both code samples and reviewed the returned data, seeing only 50.2 prices in UK (and of course US too). I also tried changing to EBAY-IT and GBP to EUR, but again, only 50.2 prices. If you're still having problems, first fix some small things that, believe it or not, can sometimes make a difference: get your &SERVICE-VERSION to be current, and move the &REST-PAYLOAD to right before your keywords param, after all the administrative params. Also add &SERVICE-NAME=FindingService , a standard param that probably isn't needed, but is part of the docs. [Here's an example][1] of where just updating the API version helped. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/5594/findcompleteditems-and-sellingstatus.html
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried updating and adding the new params, still the same :)
0 Likes 0 · ·
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

Nasty bug.

Looks like a floating point to string conversion error on eBay's end. Some other prices on 10 cent intervals are doing the same (.20/ .30/ .60) but some work (.10/ .40) Each has 0.19 added. Maybe an ampersand getting mixed in? it's ASCII 38, shifted right that's 19. or DC3 is 19. whatever.

For workaround, going to three places with 50.201 works for 50.20, but at 50.601 it doesn't work. You could request 50.19-50.21 and then filter out the incorrect price in the response if that's workable for what you are doing.

· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Click. It does seem to be hit and miss at times. At the moment, it is doing it for items that are 50, showing them as £49.96 :)
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.