question

paicap avatar image
0 Likes"
paicap asked ·

How do I secure my AppID in a JavaScript application based on eBay API ?

Hello everyone,

I am about to publish a demo JavaScript application based on eBay finding API on my personal website; I was wondering if there is a way to prevent my AppID from being read and exploited.
Is it possible to associate the AppID to a specific domain ?

I would be very grateful to whom could suggest me a solution.

Cheers.

ebay-apiappidsecurity
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

(For that URL to work, the period at the end apparently needs to be included in the link....)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·

We discussed some options regarding this issue here on this thread:

/developers/ebay/forums/tech-soup/risk-exposing-appid-when-making-calls-client-side.

· 1 · Share

tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 answered ·

Hi,

If you are sharing the source code, you should remove the AppID before making it public.  You can ask the users to fill in the AppID with their own AppID.  There's no way to prevent misuse once it becomes public.

Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.