question

aebike avatar image
0 Likes"
aebike asked

Compatible Application Check for Private App

I'm in the planning stages for an application for my own selling purposes. I will have approximately 15,000 fixed-price listings that will need to have stock information updated multiple times per day. It appears that the Large Merchant Services API is the best place for this, however I'm concerned about the API limits. As far as I can tell, each AddFixedPriceItem request inside the file I upload as part of the LMS API will also count against my Selling API limits, which would be 5,000/day initially. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that. I've looked over the Compatible Application Check process that is required to get the API limits increased and I don't know how it would work for my case. I'm not going to be packaging an app that can just be downloaded and tested for compliance. It is going to be a module within a larger Django app, and can only be run within the context of the larger application, which isn't portable. Would I be able to do a check in this case? Maybe show eBay my Python source code as it pertains to calling the API?
limitscompatibility-checkcompatible application check trading api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, It does not matter where your module sits, You should always file a compatible application check request to get your application reviewed and to get higher call limits. If its an application that will be used internally, you can provide the screen-shots explaining how your application works. eBay usually asks appropriate questions pertaining to your application. So please go through the checklist here : https://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/forums-support/certification and file the compatible app check ticket with us, Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.