question

zjotan avatar image
0 Likes"
zjotan asked ·

Problem with certain resolution cases

Hi there, We found a problem in the Resolutions API which happens with only a few EBP SNAD cases. 1. These cases show up properly in the list when calling `getUserCases`. 2. We then take the id and the type and then we call `getEBPCaseDetail`, all fine there, too, except for some fields are missing which usually are filled in. 3. The problem is with the `getActivityOptions` API call. It tells us that the user making the request is not involved in the actual case in any way. All calls are made on behalf of the Seller. Even though the `getEBPCaseDetail` shows that the Seller's response is due, the `getActivityOptions` call tells the seller that it's not their resolution case. We have the above issue with multiple sellers. Please see requests & responses below. **getEBPCaseDetail Request:** ` 500262xxxx EBP_SNAD ` **getEBPCaseDetail Response:** ` Success 1.3.0 2014-11-17T16:23:49.138Z 500262xxxx EBP_SNAD xxx SELLER yyy BUYER MY_RESPONSE_DUE 18151353xxxx 5.29 2010-05-29T14:18:41.000Z EBAY_UK 127229659xxxx 1 6.08 2014-12-12T15:36:37.000Z Unknown OTHER false EBAY_UK 0.0 101 Buyer has not received the item and wants a full refund. ` **getActivityOptions Request:** ` 500262xxxx EBP_SNAD ` **getActivityOptions Response:** ` Failure 1501 Marketplace Error Application The user making the request for the caseId is neither the buyer nor the seller Resolution 1.3.0 2014-11-17T16:24:09.629Z ` Thanks for any help.
api-problemresolution-case-managemenresolution
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Hmmm, so I am seeing a few things here. One, I can't find that caseID anywhere in the seller's resolution center. I also searched the ItemID 181513536449, and I don't see any cases existing. But I did get the getEBPCaseDetail working as you mentioned. So I then also ran getUserCases and I can't find that caseID either. So I have no idea where it came from and why it is working for getEBPCaseDetail. My 2nd comment is I checked a few other cases that were valid, and both getEBPCaseDetail and getActivityOptions worked. So I think you somehow got a case that got into a weird state (case 5002629434). I am wondering if cases can get cancelled or deleted maybe?
· 5 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I got the ID from getUserCases. There was a period of time when the above case was even showing up in that list but the getActivityOptions was failing already. Anyway, I put an is_valid flag against EBP cases in our database and when the getActivityOptions returns the above error #1501 I set it to true, so it won't be shown to the client. Just as an interesting fact, we are trialling resolution cases with 5 tokens at the moment. For each token, about 50% of their cases are "invalid" as per the above. It seems that both EBP_INR and EBP_SNAD cases are affected. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes 0 · ·
If you send me your eBay developerID I will open a ticket for you so we can get to the bottom of this. I need to open a bug on our end to see why this may be happening.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Sure, the developer id is `e1951f66-1582-46f4-93ca-************` Thanks
0 Likes 0 · ·
So your eBay developer username is 'xsellzoltan '?
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes, that's the one
0 Likes 0 · ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
I opened a ticket for you and will work through it, 141124-000014.

zjotan avatar image
0 Likes"
zjotan answered ·
The SellerID is `wholesale-solutions-ltd`. Thanks a million.

zjotan avatar image
0 Likes"
zjotan answered ·
Thanks for the reply @jourbandts We don't have support hours purchased yet. We are using the SOAP API and today I tried to query one of the failing resolution cases using HTTP GET requests. It seems that this problem is reproducible that way, too. This request succeeds, no problem, it returns information about the resolution case: `curl --header "X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-TOKEN: AgAAAA...a8y2W4" -v " https://svcs.ebay.com/services/resolution/ResolutionCaseManagementService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=getEBPCaseDetail&SERVICE-NAME=ResolutionCaseManagementService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD&caseId.id=5002629434&caseId.type=EBP_SNAD";` This one fails: `curl --header "X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-TOKEN: AgAAAA...a8y2W4" -v " https://svcs.ebay.com/services/resolution/ResolutionCaseManagementService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=getActivityOptions&SERVICE-NAME=ResolutionCaseManagementService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD&caseId.id=5002629434&case.type=EBP_SNAD";` **Response:** `Failure1501MarketplaceErrorApplication The user making the request for the caseId is neither the buyer nor the sellerResolution1.3.02014-11-19T17:06:30.369Z` If I change just the case id to another id, for example 5065374185, it works with both calls without problems.
· 2 · Share

and both id's belong to the same seller. If I can't get around this, we will open a support ticket, but this is very weird.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Can you send me just the SellerID? I can find the token that way and see what I can find.
0 Likes 0 · ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
I will need to get SellerID's, token, and a few more points of data to triage this. You will want to open a support ticket, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/request/. If you don't want to open a support ticket that is fine. But we have no known reports of this issue. And I have never seen this error when it wasn't actually correct.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.