question

aebike avatar image
0 Likes"
aebike asked

Just getting started -- is category mapping required?

I sell products in the Sports & Outdoors category on Amazon, and I am looking to come over to eBay and automate things. I have 30,000 SKUs, and I list on Amazon by simply providing them with a UPC code, my quantity, and my price, and let them match it up to their existing listings and hierarchy. Can I get close to this with eBay APIs? My SKUs are spread out over 100-150 subcategories within Sports, and it would be a ton of labor to map these onto my 800+ catalog categories. If I use accurate UPC codes and just use the general top-level Sports category as the category ID, will eBay override and put it into the best specific category?
categoryid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, You can list on eBay without specifying the Category if you are listing against eBay catalog data. Here is a knowledge base article that will help you: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1829 You can use the FindProducts call : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/shopping/docs/CallRef/FindProducts.html to determine if the product exists in eBay catalog and then list it without the category. The knowledge base article that I have provided has detailed information on how to list agaist eBay Catalog data. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks very much. At first glance this was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately it looks like eBay does not support catalog listing for any of the categories I sell in. I also spot checked a handful of UPC codes with their API testing tool and all came back as failures. Oh well, guess I will have to do a full fledged lister...
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.