question

ukjam-vlwvr avatar image
0 Likes"
ukjam-vlwvr asked ·

Global Shipping Reference Number On Custom Labels

Hello, I have a small question about the Reference ID we get back when we Get Orders down from eBay and process them into our system. In the 'GSP UK Playbook ver 1.5' pdf, on page 15 it says that the **ReferenceID** needs to be included above the street address. It has its own field in the report we get back so I would think it have to placed into the address manually. However in the GSP FAQ's pdf from September, the first question on page 2 asks about where to seen packages to. The last part of the answer says that the **unique identifier code** (which I assume is the same as the ReferenceID) is included in the second line of the address in all cases. Does the Send To address for the Shipping Centre have the Reference ID in when we get the order download or do we have to manual put it into our shipping address? Kind Regards, Ben
getordersglobal shipping
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Yes GetOrders has the ReferenceID. So the way it will work is when you use GetOrders, you will have a ShipToAddress which will be our warehouse address. You will also find a ReferenceID in that ShipToAddress. So you just ship to our warehouse, and we will take it from there. We use that ReferenceID to know where the actual buyers shipping address is. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetOrders.html#Response.OrderArray.Order.MultiLegShippingDetails.SellerShipmentToLogisticsProvider.ShipToAddress
· 3 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi. Thanks for the reply and reference. Sorry for my late reply. I'm sorry if my question was a bit vague but I was inquiring into whether the ReferenceID was put into the Street2 part of the address and not just in the RefID field. If it is then that's fine and I will accept the answer. Kind Regards, Ben
0 Likes 0 · ·
So the API will work as the link shows that I gave. As far as the shipping label, that depends on who prints the label. Best practice is to put the RefID in the first line, but some order centers will put the RefID in the Street2. It all depends on who creates/prints the label. Hope that answered your questions.
0 Likes 0 · ·
We are creating the labels so we will have to put it in manually then. Thank you for your help.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.