question

techstoreon18 avatar image
0 Likes"
techstoreon18 asked ·

Call Image from eBay Picture Service for use in Description Image Gallery Template Script

Is it possible to call for images from eBay Picture Service automatically within description when creating a listing using a script? For example: a listing is created and pictures of the item are uploaded to eBay picture service hosting a standard way, once the listing is posted - those pictures are pulled into description into the gallery as well. So, the pictures can be viewed both ways - via regular eBay platform and in the description in the CSS gallery.
picturepicturespicture-additemcss
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I guess the main question is - is it possible to do that via a script when listing or does it have to be a specifically written application within eBay?
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Yes you can do that. You can use the images uploaded to EPS in your description. But FYI< if you happen to use some images only in the description and not in any of the items, if the images useByDate: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/UploadSiteHostedPictures.html#Response.SiteHostedPictureDetails.UseByDate has passed, the images will dissappear from the descriptions as they are not associated with any item ( i.e not associated as PictureURL's for any item). I hope this helps. Cheers!!!
· 3 ·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I see, is there some sort of a guide on how useByDate call can be done within HTML editor, when creating a listing? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, I am really not sure how you could make the UploadSiteHostedPictures API Call to get the UseByDate from an HTML editor
0 Likes 0 ·
techstoreon18 avatar image techstoreon18 shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
Hi, Oh well. Thanks for your response :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.