question

techstoreon18 avatar image
0 Likes"
techstoreon18 asked

Call Image from eBay Picture Service for use in Description Image Gallery Template Script

Is it possible to call for images from eBay Picture Service automatically within description when creating a listing using a script? For example: a listing is created and pictures of the item are uploaded to eBay picture service hosting a standard way, once the listing is posted - those pictures are pulled into description into the gallery as well. So, the pictures can be viewed both ways - via regular eBay platform and in the description in the CSS gallery.
picturepicturespicture-additemcss
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I guess the main question is - is it possible to do that via a script when listing or does it have to be a specifically written application within eBay?
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Yes you can do that. You can use the images uploaded to EPS in your description. But FYI< if you happen to use some images only in the description and not in any of the items, if the images useByDate: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/UploadSiteHostedPictures.html#Response.SiteHostedPictureDetails.UseByDate has passed, the images will dissappear from the descriptions as they are not associated with any item ( i.e not associated as PictureURL's for any item). I hope this helps. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I see, is there some sort of a guide on how useByDate call can be done within HTML editor, when creating a listing? Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, I am really not sure how you could make the UploadSiteHostedPictures API Call to get the UseByDate from an HTML editor
0 Likes 0 ·
techstoreon18 avatar image techstoreon18 shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
Hi, Oh well. Thanks for your response :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.