question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
1 Like"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Retrieving EANs for all Items

Hi, I'm trying to retrieve the EAN or UPC for my items being listed so I can match them to our stock system. We put a UPC or EAN on every product we list using turbolister, but so far all api calls seem to return null for UPC/EAN. I'm sure I'm looking at the wrong calls, but suggestions/direction much appreciated. Many thanks
eanupcitem listingitem details
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am also running into this problem using the GetItem call, and setting "includeItemSpecifics" to true and "detailLevels" to ["ReturnAll"]. I get back null for the entire ProductListingDetails element even when fetching an item that I have listed that has a UPC in it.
0 Likes 0 · ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Looks like the item : 271433936622 was listed with the EAN/UPC that did not match the eBay catalog and thats the reason you don't see anything in the ProductListingDetails conatiner. The documentation at : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetItem.html#Response.Item.ProductListingDetails clearly talks about this. What you can do is, when you list an Item , you can specify the EAN/UPC in the ItemSpecifics container : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.ItemSpecifics along with specifying it in the ProductListingDetails container : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/AddFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.ProductListingDetails. This way, if eBay finds the matching catalog information, it will list against the catalog data and GetItems will return it in the ProductListingDetails conatiner and in the ItemSpecifics conatiners in the response. But if eBay does not find matching catalog data, the item specifics are still retained and you can use this information to update your stock. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·
Thanks for the help - So an example item is: 271433936622 I've tried various API calls, but the most hopeful was GetItem. This returns EAN/UPC under item specifics sometimes (1 in 10?), but not for the above item. Also API docs says it has EAN / UPC under ProductListingDetails, but this seems always NULL. Thanks

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Can you please let us know the API Calls that you have used? It will be great if you can provide us a couple of ItemID's of the items that you uploaded via turbolister to eBay which had the UPC/EAN. We can then investigate. Cheers!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.