question

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord asked

Best Offer pricing no longer shows with findCompletedItems?

Previously, when using the findCompletedItems service and the auction was a Best Offer, the currentPrice field would return the amount that the item was sold for via the Best Offer. Now, it appears that that currentPrice field returns the value that the Best Offer was set at by the seller. Was there an announcement or update that talked about this change? Is there a way around it? Thanks!
findcompleteditemsbest offercurrentprice
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I'm seeing this effect with some items, and I don't think there was an announcement. I think the API team probably considers it too small a change to warrant a service/status update. But it's not appearing consistently. I've found items that display the effect you're referring to (only the fixed-price asking price is returned), and other items that still return the Best Offer sold price. So, either it's a bug affecting some items, or it's mid-rollout and only some servers are carrying the newly adjusted code. Let's see how things behave the next few days.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.