question

twentyfour-germany avatar image
0 Likes"
twentyfour-germany asked

Color and size mapping

Hi, we want to list an item with a color/size variation. Instead of the recommended colors like "blue" we have special colors like "navy" or "light blue" but would like to appear in the preselection under blue. we know this is possible since we found this [item]( http://www.ebay.de/itm/Herren-Thermo-Unterhemd-Oberteil-lang-Arm-Unterwasche-6-10-Baumwolle-/261578567513?pt=Sport_Alle_Sportbekleidung&var=&hash=item3ce74c2f59), looking for blue things. we can't find blue in their color field but "navy". we're using the German site, *blau* means blue, *Größe* means size and *Wäschegröße* means clothes size in the little square that shows a little preview of the color, both "light blue" and "navy" are recognized as blue though. long story short: how can we map our colors to ebays recommended colors but obviously have our colors in the selection (otherwise every blue-ish item would be called a blue item. we just want a mapping) -- Also, we listed the Variation with size S,M,L,XL and 2XL but only XL and 2XL appear in the preselection in the Mens clothes category. In the Outdoor category M, L and XL appear, but not for every color. What's with the other sizes and colors? [Our item]( http://www.ebay.de/itm/Twentyfour-24-Boxer-Shorts-Unisex-/121473771257?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT) is (was, we're testing with only one category now) listed in the Outdoor/Underwear category and in the Means clothes/Underwear category. Outdoor calls the size "Größe" whereas Clothes calls it "Wäschegröße" but shows 3/5 sizes correctly. Is this a problem? Should we rather use only the primary categories values? What if the secondary categories values are mandatory? thanks
categoriescolormappingsizemandatory
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Answering your second question first: For the item, 121473771257 that you are testing, I see that you have just added the Primary Category and no Secondary category. Hence I am not sure when you say " what if the secondary categories values are mandatory?". I don't think that would be the case and if you happen to find any please let us know so that we can investigate. For your first question, eBay recommends you the colors but its not mandatory to use the same. You can still specify your own colors. Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

twentyfour-germany avatar image
0 Likes"
twentyfour-germany answered
Hi, yes, I removed the secondary category for testing. In the [search]( http://www.ebay.de/sch/Unterw%C3%A4sche-/179005/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=twentyfour) you can now see sizes *S* - *2XL* in the preselection on the left side. This however only worked after removing the item and relisting it without the second category. Also I changed "Wäschegröße" (clothing size) back to "Größe" (size), since "Wäschegröße" was only required by the (2nd) clothing category. That was also quite confusing. If the second category wants "Wäschegröße" and the first one "Größe", which one do I fill out? I can't fill out both, then I'd get 3 dropdown menus(?). And filling it out on Item (not Variation) level also doesn't make sense, although I've seen people writing things like "see above" in "Größe" or "Wäschegröße" respectively(?) As for the colors, we would like our "navy" and "light blue" items to appear if someone selects "blue" on the preselection on the left side during a search. We believe this is possible. Other platforms have "mapping"-field for this, where we map our colors to a valid value list. If we just use our colors, they don't turn up on the left side. The only ones turning up there are the ones that are coincidentally the same as the recommended ones like "schwarz" (black). We were wondering, how eBay knows that we have 2 blue-ish items (the little colored square in the preview) but is unable to map them to the word "blue" in the preselections. Since we have more than one blue item, we can't only use the recommended values. thanks:)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.