question

nikcollwarehouse avatar image
0 Likes"
nikcollwarehouse asked

Newbe question

Must have been asked 1,000 times before but any pointers here would be appreciated. I am new to the ebay API (infact API's in general) but been programming for over 30 years and it dont seem that difficult. I have managed to get the samples working and knocked up a little test app to get the title, how many sold etc from one of our listings. Struggling a little to get the stock levels as I can't seem to find a field for that. (help required) The reason for me posting though was the plan is to link our stock control with the items we offer for sale on ebay and being updated in both directions. i.e. from our website / retail sales or from ebay I need to keep all stock levels the same. (website written in house) While searching for examples I came across usage limits. I read 5,000 a day which I am a little concerned about this. I see approved apps are something like 1.5 million but approved ? how ? As this is intended to just sit in background on our servers being triggered by sales from different sources and updating stock levels accordingly. 5,000 a day could easily be broken and seeing as this is intended to be a service integrated on our servers and other systems it would be difficult to submit something for approval. Am I being a complete NOOB ? or am I just opening up a can of worms looking into this using the API in the first place. Any advice would be gratefully received.
api usage
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
For stock levels you can go to our field index in the API's to look up all the API's that have anything to do with Quantity, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/fieldindex.html#Q To get approval for higher API limits you can apply here, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/app_check/Default.aspx And you are not being a noob, this is a common question that comes up. Any app that is built that is going to be taken seriously should have more than 5k per day and go through our app check process :)
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.