question

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 asked

Recent Finding API Changes

**domainFilter - Being Discontinued** I just noticed in some of the Finding API docs that eBay is deprecating domainFilter and some related things, effective already I think. Read [the deets here][1] (and several other places in the docs), Along with adding the new output field "(g)eekStatus", this seems to be [forcing a new API version: 1.13.0][2] . [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html [2]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/ReleaseNotes.html
findingapidomainfilter
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pcpuzzle avatar image
0 Likes"
pcpuzzle answered
Interesting. I note that a lot of people here don't always "jump" to the latest version given there are always gremlins to be sorted over time. So does this mean if I continue to use the domainFilter with 1.12.0 and ignore the latest version update for the moment....I'm going to encounter issues?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
I don't know if domainFilter will continue working, even if you retain 1.12.0. But I've found with the Finding API that I have fewer problems if I use a slightly earlier version in my calls than the latest. I can't remember what I've used in my code currently, but with 1.13.0 being the latest, I probably specified 1.12.0 or 1.11.0 for my apps.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.