question

bammy_surns avatar image
0 Likes"
bammy_surns asked

Is the Sandbox always completely useless?

I have been trying for a couple of days now to create some listings in the sandbox and as soon as I log in and try to go to my ebay or sell an item I get two minutes of nothing than an error. I have tried on the US sandbox and the UK. I've tried Explorer and Firefox and half the time it ends up redirecting me to the production site. Is it a complete waste of time to try and use the sandbox environments? Or do any developers actually manage to use it? Is this like a rite of passage that every developer goes through with the eBay sdk or something?
sanbox-sell
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swankymajor avatar image
1 Like"
swankymajor answered
Basically yeah I thinks it's like a right of passage :) I totally clear my cache out when I have login issues and always try to use the same sandbox UK/US. I find if you login one sandbox and flip to the other weird things happen prob due to confused cookies etc hence cache clear. Also I use IE for buyer account and Chrome for seller account. Also as a rule of thumb always use the search box on the home page of the sandbox by manually going back to the UK/US home page (sandbox.ebay). Other search boxes will fling you off to the live site. There's a lot of issues with it but then again it is free and safe!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bammy_surns avatar image
1 Like"
bammy_surns answered
Ok thanks. I'm still really struggling to create a listing. I managed to get into My eBay but whenever I go to Sell An Item it just redirects me to the production site.... :| I'm trying every which way to try and create a listing. I love it :)

swappart avatar image
1 Like"
swappart answered

You may find this helpful. I have been through this, many times. This won't work for everything, but will work for quite a few of the broken links.

When you can't get a link to work, go to the production eBay site. Copy the link from there and replace ebay.com with sandbox.ebay.com then, paste that into your address bar and go there. If it works, and it's a link you use often, such as My eBay, I'd suggest bookmarking it. This also works for links which just aren't there at all, like the one for subscribing to business policies.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.