question

detached9 avatar image
0 Likes"
detached9 asked ·

AddMemberMessageRTQ and messaging issues

I created a test item with my test seller account testuser_gtqdevs, and asked a question on the listing using my test buyer account testuser_message1. However, in eBay sandbox, both these accounts do not show the message as being sent (by testuser_message1), or received (by testuser_gtqdevs) in their Messages Inbox. Still, when I make the GetMemberMessages call, it seems like the message did go through correctly (cut out some unimportant tags for readability): Success 110152057520 (...) testuser_gtqdevs (...) AskSellerQuestion None false testuser_message1 testus_itsb4346obf@members.qa.ebay.com testuser_gtqdevs Other: testuser_message1 sent a message about More cards #110152057520 test body 1127139010 Unanswered So first off, why does GetMemberMessages show the message went through, but in eBay sandbox, neither account has the Message in their Inbox or Sent? I expect the seller to have it in their Inbox folder, and the buyer to have it in their Sent folder. Disregarding that issue, when I reply to the question with AddMemberMessageRTQ, I receive a response notating it was successful, but again the messages do not show in my sandbox user accounts. See the request XML below (some unimportant tags cut out again for readability): Test response to the question. Should be answered now and show in inbox. true false 1127139010 testuser_message1 ... High ​ And the success response: 2014-10-14T13:24:21.654Z Success 893 E893_CORE_API_17097905_R1 ​ I even received the email making it seem like this response went out: Seller has responded to your question about this item Dear testuser_message1, Test response to the question. Should be answered now and show in inbox. - testuser_gtqdevs ------------ What is going on here? I need to confirm if the API is working correctly for messaging but what I'm seeing in eBay sandbox does not match what I'm seeing in the API calls. Is there a problem with Messaging in Sandbox?
messagingaddmembermessagertqgetmembermessages
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Yes the messaging does not currently work in sandbox. There is not ETA at the moment of when it will work again.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.