question

lth1992 avatar image
0 Likes"
lth1992 asked ·

GetUser API call cannot get access to Registration address for privacy reasons

Hi, I got a problem when I use the GetOrder API. When buyer haven't complete the payment, there is no shipping address detail return. So I decide to use the returned [BuyerUserID] as userID and ItemID as input condition to call GetUser, then I got this warning: [0] => Array ( [ShortMessage] => Invalid Request: Unavailable user information. [LongMessage] => Sorry, but you cannot get access to Registration address for privacy reasons. [ErrorCode] => 508 [SeverityCode] => Warning [ErrorClassification] => RequestError ) [1] => Array ( [ShortMessage] => Unavailable user information. [LongMessage] => Sorry, but you cannot get access to seller payment address for privacy reasons. [ErrorCode] => 504 [SeverityCode] => Warning [ErrorClassification] => RequestError ) Seems like, I can't get access to the user's address details. Why??? If I got back to my ebay control panel (Selling manager pro) then select [Sold]->[awaiting payment] then I click one of buyer's purchase price. It display the completely address details. Also, if I use downloaded csv file to integrate. The address details is returned too. Why this address data can't show on API? I am using version 869 on Australia site. Please help! Best Regards Eric
getusergetorder
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lth1992 avatar image
0 Likes"
lth1992 answered ·
I got solution, Just make a Send Invoice call, then shipping address will returned in GetOrder.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That might not work every time, but glad you found a work around.
0 Likes 0 · ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
For GetOrders we intentionally don't return the shipping details until the order is complete. This is to help protect the seller from shipping an item wrongly. Also we don't give registration information back for a user. See this comment, "RegistrationAddress for another user (except for Phone) is only returned if you have an order relationship with that user AND that user is registered on DE/AT/CH, regardless of your registration site and the site to which you send the request." You can find that info here, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetUser.html#Response.User.RegistrationAddress. We do all of this for policy/privacy reasons and to help protect both buyers and sellers. The UI follows a bit different standards than the API because of the policy/privacy reasons.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.