question

warriorelite avatar image
0 Likes"
warriorelite asked ·

How do I use the ebay api's for python?

Hey there, I'm a computer science student and I'm making a price comparision program for my a level project (as part of the aqa coursework). I know how to program in Python but using API's is new to me. I've installed the Ebay SDK for Python but I don't actually know how to use it, furthermore there are no 'friendly' tutorials for me to use and learn from. What I need to do is get all the products sold by 1 seller and then find other sellers selling the same products as that 1 seller and get all the prices of these products and save them into a database. The I will need to compare the prices of the products. The main problem is actually retrieving this data so if someone would kindly point me in the right direction I will be extremely happy.
apiebaypythonsellersdkproductscompare
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
If you know how to build and request a URL from a server, I'd suggest discarding the SDK and just build your own requests using the URL form shown in the API docs. Submit the request, get the response and process the JSON/XML using the Python parsers.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.