question

jord_disl avatar image
0 Likes"
jord_disl asked

How to implement multiple queries?

Hi fellow developers, I am trying to use the Ebay finding API to send search-queries to the server to receive item information about certain objects. I managed to use the API to send a request with a single query and the server successfully sends me the information I need (e.g. price and image of item). I'm using html and php to make the call. I have an excel list of +1000 keywords/items from which I need selling information (price of item). My question is: How can I send a request with multiple different items, so that I don’t have to do them all one-by-one? Thank you in advance for your advises.
multiple queries
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Okay, thanks for the fast reply. Is it also possible to use keywords instead of ItemId's using the Shopping API? Because I only have a list of serialnumbers and keywords which I have to use to search for the correct prices of the objects.
0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
If you're searching by keywords, eBay will not think you're targeting specific items. At least I don't think so. What exactly do you mean by "+1000 keywords/items". Are we talking specific listings (that have an item listing number), or are you pulling any items with certain keywords in the title/description? Maybe you can provide an example. I have a feeling you need to continue using the Finding API for what you're seeking, not the Shopping API. Do you know about logical OR? Format your keyword request as: (gold,silver,platinum,diamond)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.