question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

SalesTax is always zero in GetOrders,SalesTax / VAT always zero using GetOrders

Hi I am a business seller and am trying to retrieve the VAT / SalesTax value of orders completed. I'm using GetOrders, but it is returning zero for all fields related to sales tax and VAT (e.g. Transation.SalesTax). I use eBay to create customer invoices and these show VAT and an invoice number. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there an alternative call? Many thanks
getorderssalestax
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Should have said, I'm using the UK site and the C# SDK for this.
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Can you send me an example OrderID where you would expect tax to show up so I can take a look?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
Thanks try transid=1324306552017&itemid=271434760539
10 |600

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Well there was no SalesTax set up, so that is why that shows zero. The next thing I need to check is if the category you listed in supports VAT. But for some reason I can't figure out how to check if a category supports VAT. Do you happen to know how? I am asking the tax team at the same time as it seems this doc is out of date, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Sites-IntlDiffsVATB2B.html
10 |600

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Not sure I know the answer to your question, but this is what is shown in seller centre - clearly with VAT on the transation.

I can see there is VAT on the item (when I do an API lookup of the item with GetItem), but find no evidence of this anywhere in GetOrder etc.

Thanks for the help!

vat example.png (22.9 KiB)
10 |600

![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/287-vat+example.png
0 Likes 0 ·
vat example.png (22.9 KiB)
Picture didn't seem to attached so have re-added. Also I generated a VAT invoice for this transaction using the ebay invoice generator. Thanks for any help.
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Yeah from what I can tell it seems to be a bug. You will want to open a ticket here, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/. There will be no charge since it is a bug.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.