question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

Posting items failing

I'm posting items to eBay and getting the following error message "The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy" I am 99% sure that the Title and Description are find because I can list the item manually - how do I find out what this error is?
errorlisting
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
hi, Can you please paste the entire response here? Usually the response also returns the Message tag, which can contain very detailed information about the actual problem and how it can be resolved. Cheers!!!
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
@shrut_h - Thanks for the quick reply! So Im capturing the response, short error and long errror. The response = Failure, the short message is "The item cannot be listed or modified." and the long message is exactly what I posted first. The error number is 240 and per eBay instructions I entered the item manuallty and it was fine ( http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/fileexchange_errorcodes.html See item 240) I guess the only quesion I have is what is defined as "a web-sourced photo" The image is mine (I took it) but it is housed on my s3 site as I use it in my eCommerce site. (It had no issue when i added the photo to the manual listing)
10 |600

0 Likes"

hi,

Can you paste the request here ? I will have a look at it and let you know what the issue is.

Cheers!!!
10 |600

Thanks! Just pasted the xml but this daft UI screwed it up and wouldn't let me post it as text. I'll do a picture too
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks! Just pasted the xml but this daft UI screwed it up and wouldn't let me post it as text. I'll do a picture too![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/269-xml.gif
0 Likes 0 ·
xml.gif (186.0 KiB)
0 Likes"

This is a copy of my log when I post that includes the XML.

"======================================================

[my token] en_US High US USD "Deep v tiered dress" 3 GTC FixedPriceItem VisaMC 94105 167905 ReturnsAccepted MoneyBack Days_30 If not satisfied, return the item for refund. Buyer Flat 1 UPSGround false 7.0 0.0 1000 http://s3.amazonaws.com/boutiika-assets/image_library/BTKA_1410456063356419_813e6ee3aaf8d5d950861bef953028.jpg true 1 999 US ============================================================================================== =============================================================================================="

10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi, I used the exact same request that us pasted and was able to list the item successfully in sandbox. Check this item: http://cgi.sandbox.ebay.com/110151700464 Can you now paste the headers that you are sending? We can check if they are right. Cheers!!!
10 |600

0 Likes"
RestClient.post " https://api.ebay.com/ws/api.dll", 5243 byte(s) length, "Accept"=>"*/*; q=0.5, application/xml", "Accept-Encoding"=>"gzip, deflate", "Content-Length"=>"5243", "X-ebay-api-app-name"=>"[app]", "X-ebay-api-call-name"=>"AddFixedPriceItem", "X-ebay-api-cert-name"=>"[cert]", "X-ebay-api-compatibility-level"=>"889", "X-ebay-api-dev-name"=>"[dev]", "X-ebay-api-siteid"=>"0"
10 |600

Not sure what the issue is. The headers look ok. Can you also add the Content-Length ( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Concepts/MakingACall.html#HTTPHeaders) also to the headers ? Can you tell me why you are using the RestClient?
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
hi, We suggest that you dont paste the APPID and the DevID here in the public forum as it might be misused. Can you just remove those or I can go ahead and do it for you? BTW, the eBay Trading API can be used via SOAP or XML based., Rest is not supported for now. Cheers!!! Cheers!!!
10 |600

0 Likes"
I've switched my code to use HTTParty rather than RestClient (In theory it shouldn't make any difference - its jsut a post method available within Ruby Gems - but we can see if that does make a difference) I'll also add the length into the header then run some more tests.. Thanks for the suggestions.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.