question

tayna-batteries avatar image
0 Likes"
tayna-batteries asked ·

CompleteSale Call with Tracking Details

Can anybody please assist? I'm issuing a CompleteSaleRequest call, passing ItemID and TransactionID. I'm setting Shipped to a value of '1', ShippingCarrierUsed to 'UK Mail', and ShipmentTrackingNumber to a numeric value such as '123456789123'. I get an Ack Success response without any warnings. This is correctly marking the item as shipped, but does *NOT* add the tracking number or save the carrier name. Any idea what's going on? Thanks!
completesalecarriershipmenttrackingnumbershippingcarrierused
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Hi sorry, I was out sick and I also don't check the forums daily. So in the future if you need more immediate assistance please use our support channel, http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/. I have a few comments, 1. I was able to make an exact CompleteSale request as you did, and the tracking is showing up in the UI as expected. ![alt text][1] 2. The reason you are seeing “Custom Code” is because you are using a carrier service we don’t support. You can use GeteBayDetails to see which carriers we support, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GeteBayDetails.html#Response.ShippingCarrierDetails. You can also use this tool to get that data if you don’t want to make API requests, http://dtstools.ebaystratus.com/GeteBayDetails_WebApp/GeteBayDetails.aspx. If you look at our docs we don’t even have an enumeration for “UK Mail”, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/types/ShippingCarrierCodeType.html Overall at this point we have no other reports and I don’t see any issues. If you want to continue this you will need to open a ticket so I can open a bug for you and track this as this seems to be user specific. [1]: /storage/temp/271-uk+mail+carrier.png

uk mail carrier.png (20.4 KiB)
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
tayna-batteries answered ·
Hi @jourbandts Any ideas on this? I'm still desperately trying to get this working... I've just found another forum post from 2012 where an Australian was saying it wasn't working for them on ebay.com.au, but was working on ebay.com. Is this something that is country specific? If so, it would seem strange that some countries couldn't update tracking details whilst other could. My XML call appears sound... any ideas?
·

0 Likes"
Any ideas? @jourbandts
·

0 Likes"
Hi, When the Carrier and Tracking Number are set from within the MyEbay GUI it does work, so I've set the carrier to UK Mail with a valid tracking number. I then called GetSellingManagerSaleRecord to try to work out what's being written by the MyEbay system. The result of that is below. That's writing 'CustomCode'. ![alt text][1] Any ideas how to sort this? Thanks! [1]: /storage/temp/258-salequery.jpg

salequery.jpg (440.3 KiB)
·

0 Likes"

Hi,

Thanks for your response. XML seems be be stripped, so I've dumped a screenshot of an example.

![alt text][1]

So, the response suggests that all is well... however the order is marked as despatched, but no courier/tracking detail is recorded...

Thanks. [1]: /storage/temp/257-req-response.jpg

req-response.jpg (62.7 KiB)
·

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Without seeing your request I can't really say for sure. Please include the XML format of your CompleteSale request (you can take out the token but I need the ItemID and TransactionID.)
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.