question

rockmusicnerd avatar image
0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd asked ·

GetSessionID - Unsupported Verb

I can't seem to get GetSessionID to work for me. I'm using Production Keys: Headers: "X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL": "893", "X-EBAY-API-SITEID": "0", "X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME": "[REMOVED]", "X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME": "[REMOVED]", "X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME": "[REMOVED]", "X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME": "GetSessionID" Body: `?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n\n [REMOVED]\n` Response: ` 2014-09-26 21:18:23 2RequestError1SeriousError00" ` Help? Suggestions?
apitokenhelpsessionid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
Thank you for your help, but I've been able to move past it. I've dug deep into the internals of the library I'm using and dissected a problem with how they were formatting the data. I believe it was for an older version of your API. You can cancel the support request. Thanks for your help.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
Please, I've been staring at this for hour and triple checking the documentation and KB.... The KB says GetSession returns a certain format, but I'm not even getting that. I'm getting (converted xml --> JSON): ``` { "eBay": { "EBayTime": [ "2014-09-26 22:37:22" ], "Errors": [ { "Error": [ { "Code": [ "2" ], "ErrorClass": [ "RequestError" ], "SeverityCode": [ "1" ], "Severity": [ "SeriousError" ], "Line": [ "0" ], "Column": [ "0" ], "ShortMessage": [ " Unsupported verb. " ] } ] } ] } } ``` Does that mean anything to you guys?

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
For sure, it's very likely user error. I just work with A LOT of API's at work and most of them have had great documentation and support. My development username is karmalabs Any help would be appreciated, as I can't tell from the documentation what I'm doing wrong.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Hi @rockmusicnerd As of now, we don't know if this is a bug or not. Please give me your developer account username, and I can file a ticket on your behalf. Thanks

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
I'm sorry, but is the only option to pay $75? I believe I have found a bug in your API and I can't believe you would charge me to report it.

0 Likes"
Hi @rockmusicnerd You can file a support request here : http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/ Thanks

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
Where do I file a support request? I've already gone through those documents and everything seems fine, as far as I can tell :/

0 Likes"
rockmusicnerd answered ·
Where do I file a support request? I've already gone through those documents and everything seems fine, as far as I can tell :/

0 Likes"
Hi @rockmusicnerd Here are some common errors mentioned in the KB that you can double check : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=869 and https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=877 If the issue still persists, please file a support request as we would need your keyset to investigate the issue, or provide your developer account username . Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.