question

dipdavid_xqcsoq avatar image
0 Likes"
dipdavid_xqcsoq asked

Obtaining Token

I want to get an auth token. I tried following the advice [here][1] I tried using the auth token tool. I select key set the problem is when I have to login with my ebay credentials to link my developer account. None of my ebay logins work. I can login to the main ebay site so the credentials are correct. I've been using those logins for years but they're not recognised when I try to link my accounts. It makes no difference if I use email or username. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/5557/obtaining-token-for-a-client.html
api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi dipdavid_xqcsoq If you want to generate a token, you need to go through the steps mentioned in the Kb article : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2018 Please keep in mind that you must enter the credentials based on environment selected i.e. if you are trying to generate a 'sandbox' token, entering eBay production login crdentials will NOT work. So environment and credentials should be in synch when you go through the flow. Please try the KB and let me know if you still face any issues. Thanks
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
I've the same problem. I can't login on this site https://signin.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&runame=auth_tool_sdk_87228d47d965408e84a7451f55e07e78&ruparams=params|Sandbox-auth_tool_sdk_87228d47d965408e84a7451f55e07e78-true-249469&hc=1&hm=vo.sk73%285351257 My credentials (I tried with testlogin_ and without it) don't work. After trying to restore my password (by clikcing Forgot your password) the page can't be find: This page can't be displayed •Make sure the web address http://scgi.sandbox.ebay.com:443 is correct. •Look for the page with your search engine. •Refresh the page in a few minutes Can anyone help? I new to eBay Developer API and I encoounter such problems at the very beginning. Thanks in advance for your help
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi @us.krzys Please provide your sandbox userid so that I can reset the password for you. Thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
dipdavid_xqcsoq answered
The problem is at step 8 where I have to login to link my accounts. None of my login credentials are recognised.
10 |600

0 Likes"
dipdavid_xqcsoq answered

So environment and credentials should be in synch when you go through the flow.

Does this mean that in addition to my developer login account and my standard ebay login account, if I'm creating sandbox keys, I need another login account? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by "in sync".

10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi @dipdavid_xqcsoq · Yes, that is correct. The developer account credentials is only used when you enter your developer account, and you will not use these credentials again in any flow. Let's assume you are creating a token for sandbox account. In this case, forget about your eBay credentials, and do NOT use it at all. You should create sandbox account credentials using the 'Registration tool', and these credentials are to be entered in the token generation flow. If you have sandbox credentials, and forgot your password, then please provide me your sandbox username which is prefixed by 'testuser_' and i can help you with re-setting password. Thanks
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.