question

monsterd avatar image
0 Likes"
monsterd asked ·

API Delays

Last 2 days, searching for newly listed BIN items is resulting in returned results begin about 5 minutes+ (average) off from posted time. Usually, it's ~1 minute. It appears when doing a manual refresh of eBay.com shows new listings with the same delay that the API seems to be having as well. Tried a few other 3rd party apps as well to confirm ...seems consistent. Haven't seen any notices or outages....wondering if it's temporary or something more permanent.
finding api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adnasium avatar image
0 Likes"
adnasium answered ·
I can confirm that this is going on, as my customers have begun complaining about the lag in posting. I have tested it on my own servers and there is a significant delay in in the API. Anyone else seeing a delay?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

monsterd avatar image
0 Likes"
monsterd answered ·
Going on 5+ days now ...eBay should respond with some update on this (hopefully).

hitekmart avatar image
0 Likes"
hitekmart answered ·
Same here, the delay using findItemsByKeywords and findItemsAdvanced is 5-10 minutes and this has been going on from Sept 18. eBay needs to take action ASAP

tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 avatar image
0 Likes"
tony.developersupport_deprecated_88e71f8c-89f3-4301-990a-e2f00a0fed48 answered ·
Hello ubuyfirst, This is happening because of some changes in the search platform. This is expected behavior and it is NOT a temporary change. Every user of the Finding API and site UI will experience the same delay. Regards, eBay Developer Support.

honestmacbuyer avatar image
0 Likes"
honestmacbuyer answered ·
Finally an explanation. I thought it was just me. Thanks.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
There are more issues with this that just arrival delay. See the details here: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/11402/starttimenewest-sort-hides-items-in-finding-reques.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.