question

gabryfirenze78 avatar image
0 Likes"
gabryfirenze78 asked ·

Fallback to itemSearchURL without keyword blacklist

Hi All, i am using the Finding Service (V1) and sometimes i need to search with a list of keywords in blacklist, which works well. Although, when i get zero items in return, i use the fallback link in the "itemSearchURL" xml field. This is great but unfortunately it includes the keywords in blacklist and kind of nillify the purpose of a clean fallback search with just the product name. Is it possible to avoid having the blacklisted keywords included in the fallback search URL? Hope i explained myself. Regards, Gabriele
findingservice
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I assume you are including both positive keywords and negative keywords (the latter being your blacklist) in your Finding API request. And I think you are asking what to do about the itemSearchURL that you display to your users/visitors, because it includes your "hidden" negative keywords that you don't want to expose, and/or you want to make available to them their search results on eBay without your blacklist interfering. Is that what's going on? You just need to adjust your coding to remove the blacklist keywords from the itemSearchURL. Use some regex or a function in whatever programming language you're using to pluck out the words you don't want. Or, you could build your own eBay-destined search URL from scratch. It's easier than it sounds. I have some [syntax here][1]. [1]: http://www.helios825.org/url-parameters.php

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gabryfirenze78 avatar image
0 Likes"
gabryfirenze78 answered ·
Hi helios825, Yes, that is exactly whats happening and what i want to achieve. I thought about a regex myself, to actively strip them from the URL but i thought there was some API option to achieve the same. Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed reply @helios825 I'll go for the regex or a URL self-build function, then! Cheers, Gabriele

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.