question

jlee2027 avatar image
0 Likes"
jlee2027 asked

Finding ebay site

I have an app which pulls eBay seller data. Once my app gets the user token I use GetMyeBaySelling to retrieve listings of a user. How do I know for certain which eBay site (country code) to request the user listings from? Right now, I make a guess based on 3rd party data, but sometimes this is wrong. Is there a way I can use the user token to find out which eBay site (US, Canada, Germany, etc.) has their listings? Please note I cannot call GetUser first because I have only the user token, not the User id. Thanks
country code
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
1 Like"
davidtsadler answered
As far as I'm aware you should be OK to call GetUser. As long as you have a user token the API will return the information [without needing to pass the user's id]( http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetUser.html#Request.UserID) in the request.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jlee2027 avatar image
0 Likes"
jlee2027 answered
I asked this quite a while ago, and was hesitant to implement it because calling GetUser has the same issue - it needs a country code; so this appeared to me to be a chicken and egg issue. However, I've now finally tested this because of a foreign user and it does not seem to matter what X-EBAY-API-SITEID is sent in GetUser (I tested 0, 3, and 170), it always returns the correct country code for the foreign user. So, thank you!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.