question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

Do $devID $appID and $certID influence the speed of the API?

Hi, I understand this might be strange question but do these -certID -devID -appID Influence the speed of how my site shows items? So I have a pinterest style page where when scrolling new products appear from eBay. However sometimes its too slow, it takes couple of seconds, and I guess users do not like waiting. If this does not cause speed troubles, what can? Thanks in advance.
appiddevidcertid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I don't think using or omitting some of those params would affect calling speed. But I rarely have a need to use the CertID or the DevID keys. I would think either the call works, or it doesn't, with or without certain of those keys. But I haven't checked or tested this, so I could be surprised! The API sometimes is quirky in other ways, so maybe in this way too. You could try making your calls via cURL, if you're not doing so already, and reviewing the call times that are reported as part of the call afterwards (via cURL output params). Also maybe try creating a testing page that doesn't use any javascript, but displays the call results in just HTML, without the intermediary effects of client-side scripting.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Sound like you're using Trading API. Try the Finding API if you don't need specific Trading functionality, it is faster.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.