question

fruit-tree-nursery-australia avatar image
0 Likes"
fruit-tree-nursery-australia asked ·

ExternalTransaction and ExternalTransactionID Missing when calling GetOrders or GetItemTransactions

In the production environment. I know that the paypal transaction is succesful and when I view the order online I can right click on the paypal transaction and see the paypal transaction id. But when I use GetOrders or any of the methods outlined here: http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/PayPal-witheBay.html ExternalTransaction is not returned and either is MonetaryDetails. This occurs on all my calls. Do I need to do another step to link my paypal account?
getordersmonetarydetailsexternaltransaction
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

arte-unkn avatar image
0 Likes"
arte-unkn answered ·
I have tried to do such request with DetailLevel set as 'ReturnAll' but this is not working for me. Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Same problem here. There is no such property for the ExternalTransactionID. Either the API is incorrect/changed or there is something else missing. The link provided to the API explaining it is of no use since that property is nonexistant!
0 Likes 0 · ·
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello fruit-tree-nursery-australia, Glad to hear that you figured it out. For the benefit of other users, to get the ExternalTransaction container in the response you need to include the DetailLevel field in the request and set it to 'ReturnAll' http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/GetOrders.html#Response.OrderArray.Order.ExternalTransaction Best Regards, Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

fruit-tree-nursery-australia avatar image
0 Likes"
fruit-tree-nursery-australia answered ·
Found the Answer. You must add the extra line ReturnAll

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.