question

oddtimemusic avatar image
0 Likes"
oddtimemusic asked ·

Search results vary after refresh in FindCompletedItems

I'm having an issue where refreshing the exact same call gives me a different set of results . For the most part the results are the same, but some items seem to disappear. The items that disappear upon refresh seem to be consistent (meaning the same ones disappear when this happens), but I can find no common factor between the items that disappear (I've checked location, condition, price, auction/BIN, best offer, special characters in the title). I narrowed my query down for posting purposes - this one gives me either 29 results or 27. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=(MYAPPNAME)&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&keywords=hot+toys+dutch+schaefer⁢emFilter(0).name=SoldItemsOnly⁢emFilter(0).value=true⁢emFilter(1).name=EndTimeFrom⁢emFilter(1).value=2014-06-01T00:00:00.000Z⁢emFilter(2).name=EndTimeTo⁢emFilter(2).value=2014-08-23T00:00:00.000Z&sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&paginationInput.pageNumber=1 The item numbers that are omitted occasionally are 161397504427 and 221522349168. On larger-scale calls, I might lose 100+ items from the call upon refresh/pagination. I'd be interested to know if this is a common problem (I've only noticed it recently) or if I have something wrong with my code. Thanks! John
findcompleteditemstotalentries
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

oddtimemusic avatar image
0 Likes"
oddtimemusic answered ·
Hi helios825 . Thanks for your response. I saw one of those other threads, but will look at the other one as well. I started my own because I didn't know if I should piggyback on another member's question or start my own. Protocol varies from forum to forum, so I figured I'd take the safe route. :) Thanks for the tips on my query. I will make those changes and see if it helps!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
There are a couple threads already going on this topic: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/7651/findcompleteditems-returning-different-total-entri.html This one's over at the eBay Partner Network group: http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-Partner-Network/findCompletedItems-returning-different-total-entries-on-refresh/gpm-p/22495067 Some small things to try, just in case the API is being finicky without just the right parameters. Add these in the proper places: &SERVICE-NAME=FindingService &REST-PAYLOAD And change the spaces in your keywords to %20. Those things shouldn't really matter, but sometimes the little things count.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.