question

tokivoki avatar image
0 Likes"
tokivoki asked

Searching Multiple Keywords with Merged Individual Results

In the manual it says that to search for individual words at once. Keywords should be separated with "%20", space. I tried and the result is unsuccessful, could you please help me out on how to perform multiple keyword search. I sent the following API request via simplexml_load_file($apicall) /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD=true&descriptionSearch=false&outputSelector(0)=CategoryHistogram&outputSelector(1)=GalleryInfo&outputSelector(2)=PictureURLLarge&SECURITY-APPNAME=_MY_API_KEY_&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&keywords=shoes%20books&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=48&itemFilter(0).name=ListingType&itemFilter(0).value(0)=FixedPrice&itemFilter(1).name=Condition&itemFilter(1).value=1000|1500&itemFilter(2).name=HideDuplicateItems&itemFilter(2).value=true&sortOrder=BestMatch /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Doesn't return "shoes" and "books" as separate but searches for "shoes books" instead. A similar question already asked here - https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/4840/search-for-multiple-items-with-different-keywords.html, help would be very much appreciated.
multiple itemsmultiple keyword smultiple word search
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

It sounds like you should use a logical OR to specify your keywords, instead of using the implied logical AND.

Try using parentheses/comma to specify OR: (shoes,books)

Check out the docs on keywords. (However, I'm not sure if Automatic Keyword Expansion, as mentioned in those docs, is still in effect, or is always in effect, with eBay's evolving search engine changes.)

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.