question

mostafa.elzoghbi avatar image
0 Likes"
mostafa.elzoghbi asked ·

Can't get Watch List from GetMyeBayBuying call

Hi, I am using SDK version 871 and i was able to pull buying and sold items. i want to get watch list items but the response doesn't contain them even if i have it as public list. any ideas why this happen. Code: GetMyeBayBuyingCall apiCall = new GetMyeBayBuyingCall(); //set Api Server Url apiCall.ApiContext.SoapApiServerUrl = Helper.LoadeBayConfigurations()[Constants.PK_EBAY_API_URL]; ApiCredential cred = new ApiCredential(userToken); apiCall.ApiContext.ApiCredential = cred; apiCall.Version = Constants.PK_EBAY_API_VERSION; apiCall.DetailLevelList.Add(DetailLevelCodeType.ReturnAll); apiCall.EnableCompression = true; apiCall.GetMyeBayBuying(); after the call when i try to access: apiCall.WatchList or apiCall.WatchListReturn or apiCall.SoapResponse none of them contains information all is null. any help is highly appreciate it. thanks.
c#c# sdkwatch list
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
At this point it is probably best to create a support ticket with us. To go further I will need to get passwords, possibly do screen share, and will need to focus more of my attention on your issue. http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
mostafa.elzoghbi answered ·
@jourbandts are you able to add items to the watch list from the UI ? i still get an exception when i try to access my watch list for the user i sent to you. Also, i got your response about the wish list is not supported at this point but i don't see this answer is showing in the forums ?

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Ok now that the view item page is working in sandbox. I have confirmed the WatchList DOES work. I added an item to my watch list and it is showing up using the API. So there are no issues there. At this point I do NOT see any watch list items for testuser_erecall2, so that is why you get a NULL. As far as WishList, I don't see that as an option in sandbox. That is also not supported by GetMyeBayBuying or any other API at this time.

0 Likes"
@jourbandts what about the wish lists, i can see them from UI and they are public but also i got null from the api.

0 Likes"
@jourbandts : The Watch list from UI throws an exception, but i have wish lists that are public and i have the same issue but i do see it from the UI. any thoughts ? If the watch list is not working in the sandbox, i can flip to product and test the code later. but what about the wish lists ? i want to minimize the code i want to test against production api.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
For now I can tell you your code will work in production. So I wouldn't waste much more time using sandbox. But I will look into this further.

0 Likes"
Watch list throws an exception, but i have wish lists that is public and i have the same issue but i can see it from the UI.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Yeah I don't see anything in the DB for the WatchList. I will ask around, but my guess is this doesn't work in sandbox. Cart also is something that doesn't work in sandbox. Does the WatchList show up using the UI on the site?

0 Likes"
@jourbandts the test user i am using in the sandbox is: testuser_erecall2

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Oh that is a great question....the WatchList might not work in sandbox. The view item page is broken in sandbox right now, so I can't even test the functionality. If you send me the sandbox testuser I can look in our DB. Also you can always use the API Test Tool for a sanity check, https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/build-test/test-tool/default.aspx. If it is returning there and not the SDK, something might be wrong with the SDK. But if it is not returning there either I would venture to say it isn't supported in sandbox. https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=684

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.