question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

Trading API rest documentation

Hey, where do I find a documentation for the REST get-calls on Trading API? I can only find the SOAP Trading API. I need to get orders using REST. Regards.
trading apirest apiget ordersrest call
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
The only documentation I'm aware of that explains the how to make a call to the Trading API is [here]( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Concepts/MakingACall.html). (Which you may already know about). You can only use HTTP POST requests and the body of the request will be either XML or SOAP. Calling the Trading API via REST style requests isn't possible as far as I know.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
That's correct - there's no REST calling of the Trading API, just HTTP POSTs. eBay removed that functionality back in around 2008 or so. (Why did they remove REST from Trading? I'm guessing it's because the Shopping API was launched and stable by then, with REST capabilities, and it might've simplified their maintenance/management of the Trading API to not have to handle incoming REST calls. ...Just my $0.02 there.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.