question

pavlo_007 avatar image
0 Likes"
pavlo_007 asked ·

downloadFile request problem. Receive HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.

Hello guys, I receive "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error" in the response on "downloadFile" request (FileTransferService). Here are my HTTP headers: X-EBAY-SOA-MESSAGE-PROTOCOL: SOAP12 X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME: downloadFile X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-TOKEN: SANDBOX_TOKEN X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-NAME: FileTransferService And here is my SOAP request: 50006295971 50006415331 But for some reason I receive the following error: "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error".

HTTP Status 500 -

type Status report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.15-150

Can somebody specify what is the cause of this error and what is wrong with my request ? Thanks, Pavlo
filetransferservicedownloadfile request
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pavlo_007 avatar image
1 Like"
pavlo_007 answered ·
I have already found out the cause of problem. To resolve this problem it is necessary to use HTTP header **CONTENT-TYPE** (with value: **application/soap+xml**) in the "downloadFile" SOAP API call. But in the according to eBay specification ( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/large-merchant-services/Concepts/MakingACall.html#FileTransferSpecifics) it is not required ... This specification should be corrected by eBay team.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ah yes you are correct. We will make the necessary changes thanks.
0 Likes 0 · ·
jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Just wanted to give you a heads up that I am working on this for you. I also can reproduce this issue. So I am currently working with the LMS team to figure out what might be happening....must have something to do with SOAP specifically because there are no open issues in using downloadFile through other formats/protocols.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.