question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

How to tell if buyer accepted OfferPartialRefund

I'm trying to make resolution case management calls through the API. Specifically trying to handle OfferPartialRefund followed by IssuePartialRefund. I was wondering if there was any way to check using an API call whether or not the buyer has accepted the OfferPartialRefund call so that I can follow it up using an IssuePartialRefund call. I can't seem to find anything in the documentation to do this and I want to ensure that I don't make an IssuePartialRefund call before the buyer has accepted the OfferPartialRefund call.
apiresolution-case-managemen
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Yes this is expected behavior. The API functionality is a bit limited compared to the site, but this was done intentionally to make it easier on the seller/buyer. As far as when to use the issuePartialRefund, that is a good question. I guess there will be times where a partial refund is needed. But being I am not a seller I cannot really state a valid case off the top of my head. Maybe the item would cost more to ship back and forth, so instead you tell the buyer you will send him another one and offer a partial refund for the inconvenience??? Not really sure.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Okay, thanks for your help. If the refund gets processed automatically then I won't need to worry about checking if they accepted the offer or using the issue partial refund command.
0 Likes 0 · ·
jourbandts avatar image
1 Like"
jourbandts answered ·
Give me a few days to work on this. I created a transaction, but have to wait a day or so until I can create a resolution case. But I believe you would use the getEBPCaseDetail request in order to find out if the buyer accepted. Not sure if there is a direct tag to tell you this, or if you have to look at the responseHistory and make an assumption. I will try to gather specific details and get back to you.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ answered ·

Thanks for looking into this @jourbandts but in my testing I have come across something that may make this problem obsolete.

When I was testing the OfferPartialRefund API call I took these steps:

1. Create EBP Case
  2. Offer Refund from my seller account the ResolutionCaseManagementAPI
  3. Accept refund offer from buyer account using the resolution center.

After I took these steps the case was automatically closed and the partial refund was automatically issued, without the need to execute the IssuePartialRefund API call. \

Is this the expected behavior? And if so, under what circumstances would we need to use the IssuePartialRefund API call?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.