question

jezebel_design avatar image
0 Likes"
jezebel_design asked

Cannot generate EBAY sandbox token

Hi I have been trying to generate a sandbox token for testing but the site just falls over time and time again usually with the error: Oops The request failed with HTTP status 502: Bad Gateway. from this page ( https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/account/tokens/Default.aspx) From this page ( https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/account/appsettings/Tokens/default.aspx?id=187926) it just reloads the page and does nothing.
sandbox token
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
I have the same issue, i can get production keys, but not sandbox.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jezebel_design avatar image
0 Likes"
jezebel_design answered
Think they may have fixed this now @aznkk77
10 |600

0 Likes"
now i cannot generate user token, because they forward me to a login but logged in is incorrect, I can login from main site, but not from redirected login from development site. so frustrated waiting for a day to get this.
10 |600

Are you sure you are logging into your test user account when redirected?
0 Likes 0 ·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
We did have some issues in sandbox due to which you might have faced issues while generating token. Please let me know if you are still facing this issue. Thanks
10 |600

psasolutions2013 avatar image
0 Likes"
psasolutions2013 answered
Hi We are experiencing the same problems as above. When I go to generate a sandbox token it sends me to a eBay login screen to link our eBay account; but, this fails with our correct details every time. However, if we go to the main site we can login in using the same details The login screen is located here: https://signin.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll[Parameters are added here] We get to this after adding our keys and clicking generate token button. Any help will be appreciated as I can't generate a token at present. James
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi When you are re-directed to sandbox signIn page, please make sure you are ONLY using a sandbox user account to generate password. A sandbox username is prefixed by "testuser_" You can follow the steps in the KB article : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2018 Thanks
10 |600

finedayshop avatar image
0 Likes"
finedayshop answered
Hello! I'm new, I faced the same problem then I just focused more by reading about this issue and I just understand how to deal with it. Here are the steps: - First go the sandbox page, then create a username with a password. e.g. - username: testuser_yourname - password: new password After you finish to register a sandbox testuser_***** 1) Select an environment - Sandbox 2) Select a key set - your key set All the DevID, AppID, CertID will be filled in automatically, Then click the "**Conitinue to generate token >>**" button. - You will be redirected to the ebay login page. Here is the secret: - Don't login with the ebay user ID or E-mail with your password, it'll fail or Error. - **NOTE:** user your new sandbox "testuser_***** and new password" you've just created. Success Login Read the note and click **I agree** on the opened window. You will be sent to the **Token Generation** - Final Step section. Copy the code displayed in the Token field to clipboard Thank you very much Good luck.
10 |600

0 Likes"
@finedayshop Following this for me leads me to one of three places: a) a scgi.sandbox.ebay link that is insecure and won't let me continue, b) ebay taiwan homepage, and c) the authentication page that doesn't contain a token field. I've tried to generate this token for the better part of a day and a half (on and off admittedly). Any suggestions from anybody? The scgi is particularly discouraging as I think its the path I get when I start off doing everything right. @vijayta.developersupport
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi @dballar99 I tested the flow by following the exact steps mentioned in the KB : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2018, and was able to generate token successfully. Can you please either share the screenshot, or provide me your developer account username so that I can file a support ticket on your behalf and assist you with this issue ? Thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
When I click on the Conitinue to generate token button I get this error in a variety of languages. I am never directed to a login screen. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/451-1-29-2015-11-36-15.png I have been attempting to get sandbox access/token for 2 days developer name: dfinleyups @vjayta.developersupport

10 |600

Hi @finl-davi I am assuming you have already gone through the KB : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2018 If not, please make sure you go through the KB and follow the steps mentioned in the KB. I have created a support request on your behalf. Please provide the requested information if you are still facing any issues. You need to login to your develooper account and go to My Account->My Tickets to access your tickets. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.