question

canto-guido avatar image
0 Likes"
canto-guido asked ·

differnce between relistitem and additem call

Hello, I wanted to know what is the actual difference between relistitem call or additem call. Does, publishing an item with relistitem, make any difference of visibility in ebay? Is relistitem call better than additem call for indexing and/or visibility? Thanks in advance. Greetings.
additemcallrelistiitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello canto-guido, There is a difference between AddItem and RelistItem API call. AddItem call is used to when you list the item for the first time. RelistItem call is used to list the same item without creating the same item details again. Instead it takes the details from the ended item and create a new one. When you relist an item, the Sales Score which is used to keep track of the recent sales of a given item is carried over to the newly relisted item. This option is not available when you create a new item. This metric is used to influence search ranking. An important thing to note is that only "recent" sales (along with other best match parameters) are considered for ranking. Here is a knowledge base article for your reference: Title: Recent Sales Score and Popularity Link: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1509 Best Regards, Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

canto-guido avatar image
0 Likes"
canto-guido answered ·
thanks for the info. I have another question on a different topic. I need to change the parameters with which I have certified my application software in ebay: **certid, appid, devid**. Is there a way to make these modifications? I would also like to modify parameters of recording my ebay developer account (**company and person**), can you show me how to do? Thank you for your attention. Best regards.

devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
devanathan.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hello canto-guido, I'm sorry, it is not possible to change the CompanyName value once a developer account is registered as this value is linked to various other parameters like keyset, ruName, etc.,. Title: Can eBay Support Team help me change my developer account's Company Name ? Link: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1349 Best Regards, Devanathan Sampath, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.