question

power-boater avatar image
0 Likes"
power-boater asked

Cannot login, password reset and activation emails not received.

I had an old developers program accounts ichudov and ichudov1. I actually received an eBay Developer of the Year award back in 2007 for writing a perl interface to ebay. I could login to neither account. All my attempts to send myself password reset emails did not lead to any emails being received. I attempted to register another account: ichudov2. However, I did not receive activation email. Please help me! Can someone activate ichudov2 or help me reset ichudov or ichudov1. I did have my passwords carefully saved in a password vault, but they no longer work. Thanks.
password resetactivation
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

power-boater avatar image power-boater commented ·
Furthermore. I must add that the email function is not working. One of my email addresses previously used, is a gmail address, and any password reset emails were not received, and I did check the spam folder. That was as of 20 minutes ago or so.
0 Likes 0 ·
power-boater avatar image power-boater commented ·
set the password to be: aa99k.0000 I will change it as soon as possible
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes"
power-boater answered
May I add, also, that I have a very active ebay account and need eBay API to work to conduct my seller business.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image vijayta.developersupport commented ·
Can you tell me what password would you like me to set for 'ichudov1' ?
0 Likes 0 ·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image vijayta.developersupport vijayta.developersupport commented ·
I could not set it to aa99k.0000 because it doesn't comply with password policy. Instead, I have set the password to aa99K.0000. Please change it asap.
0 Likes 0 ·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi I am looking into it and will get back to you as soon as I have an update. Thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
ichudov2 has been activated. You can login now.
10 |600

0 Likes"
power-boater answered
Thanks. It worked. Were the old account passwords reset recently?
10 |600

0 Likes"
power-boater answered
Thanks for activating my account ichudov2. I have an urgent problem however. My API usage limits were much higher in my previous account (I cannot remember if it was ichudov or ichudov1 because I can access neither despite having passwords written down). I use eBay API to run a big affiliate operation, as well as to sell approx. 4,000 items any any given time. Can you check my old limits in ichudov or ichudov1 and raise my API usage limits? Thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi I have filed a ticket on your behalf(with ichudov1) : 140710-000013 Please provide the requested information in the ticket so that we can assist you with this issue. Thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
power-boater answered

Vijayta, thank you for filing this ticket for user 'ichudov1'.

However, I do not have access to account 'ichudov1' any more, despite having the password carefully written down from a while ago.

Therefore, I am unable to add to or update the status of your ticket, even though I received emails about it in my gmail account associated with 'ichudov1'.

The only account that I have access to is 'ichudov2' that I created today.

This mess with multiple accounts is completely unnecessary, and I would much prefer to have one account. Creating so many accounts is caused by my inability to access old accounts (despite having passwords). In other words, I do not want to have multiple accounts and only resort to that due to old accounts being inaccessible. Below, please find my email response to the ticket, edited for privacy. My request to increase API usage limits pertains to the following keys, owned by account "ichudov2", associated with email " igor@chudov.com", that I opened today. DeveloperKey=e6805e4a-1026-****-****-13dffe526854 ApplicationKey=AlgebraI-2334-****-****-a68293a4913c CertificateKey=4a98f20f-aec0-****-****-fca26cc3fbd2 Please note that this particular ticket reached me at " ichudov@gmail.com", which is a valid email for me but is NOT associated with account "ichudov2" that I opened today and must be associated with either "ichudov" or "ichudov1". I do not understand why I lost access to 'ichudov' and 'ichudov1', for which I have valid passwords written down. If you can explain why that happened, I will appreciate it.
10 |600

0 Likes"
I have responded to the ticket again. Please check my reply and let me know if you still have any issues in replying to the ticket. Thanks
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.