question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Is there a contradiction in the API docs for AddDisputeResponse?

I was reading through the API docs on AddDisputeResponse, trying to figure out which DisputeActivity values could be used for which DisputeStates and I came across some seemingly contradictory information. 1. In the [API Reference Doc for AddDisputeResponse]( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/AddDisputeResponse.html), under the section for DisputeActivity it states that the *SellerAddInformation* activity value can only be used for **Unpaid Item Disputes**. 2. In the [Buyer Disputes information page]( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Disputes-Buyer.html#WorkflowforBuyerDisputes) (linked to by the previous page), under the section for WorkFlow for Buyer Disputes it states that the *SellerAddInformation* activity value can be used with **ItemNotRecevied Cases**. It seems to me that these two pieces of information are contradictory as a dispute cannot be both an **UnpaidItem dispute** *and* an **ItemNotReceived dispute**. Does anyone have any information as to which one (or both) is correct?
apidocumentation
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi jsarje, Actually, both are correct because the AddDisputeResponse call can be only used to **respond** to an Item Not Received dispute opened by a buyer through **PayPal's Purchase Protection program**, or to update an Unpaid Item dispute. To **respond** to an Item Not Received or Item Significantly Not As Described case opened through **eBay's Resolution Center**, you will need to use the Resolution Case Management API, or manage the case through the eBay Resolution Center. Best Regards,
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.