question

fishengirl2012 avatar image
0 Likes"
fishengirl2012 asked

Redirect Loop

I am getting a redirect loop when accessing sandbox testuser messages. This thread, https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/4647/sandbox-redirect.html, tells me I need to contact Developers support and even provides a link, unfortunately even though it won't cost me anything because it is an sandbox issue, not mine, I still can't open a support ticket because there is no money in my support account.. Why is everything in Sandbox always so difficult! Anyone from Ebay want to give me a hand getting this fixed?
redirect loop
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
We greatly apologize for any inconvenience. Sandbox is in the midst of a major overhaul. And until it is complete you will see issues like this. But we promise sandbox will become much better, more reliable, and more stable in due time. If you could provide the following I can add the report to the on going bug we have open, 1. eBay sandbox testuser 2. Exact steps and links to reproduce the redirect loop Also keep in mind I will have to change your password in order to reproduce the steps and fix the broken links. That is why we preferred to do this via a support ticket.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
fishengirl2012 answered
Thank you @jourbants for your reply. The redirect loop is happening across all of my sandbox test users, testuser_digidew and testuser_whyme1021 and in any browser(I have tried 4). Any attempt from any link to messages in sandox are throwing this error. Whether I hover over my ebay and then click messages or if i follow a direct link to once in my ebay. I don't know if this is connected or not, but I am also unable to mark an item NOT shipped, once it has been marked shipped, which I have always been able to do before, but both errors started occurring at the same time... I am glad they are revamping sandbox as it is pretty antiquated when compared to many other sites developer and sandbox areas, but if I could make two suggestions, an announcement spread across the top of sandbox to that effect might be helpful and documentation, documentation, documentation. If nothing else a date or version on the documentation, so much of it is outdated but there is no way of knowing that. I have been reading some only to figure out on my own that the documentation was written in 2008 and no longer applicable, such a waste of time.
10 |600

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
Thank you. There is quite a list of known redirect issues right now, Trying to get to messages Trying to use the resolution center Trying to change your site preferences Trying to use the subscriptions and etc These should be resolved fairly quickly though. In general when we see site wide issues like this, we will post them here https://go.developer.ebay.com/developers/ebay/documentation-tools/site-status. Here is another article that might be of some use to you also, https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=684. Part of the reason there are so many issues right now is we are trying to support all those features you see in the list. That is why I mentioned there is a major overhaul happening. As far as the docs being out of date, you would have to share an example as everything should be updated. You might see some of the actual sandbox UI being a bit old, but the functionality is still the same.
10 |600

$$anonymous$$ avatar image $$anonymous$$ commented ·
Thank you for clearing this up as I have been experiencing the same redirect loop when using the resolution center in the Sandbox. I just have a couple more questions and it'd be great if you can try to help me with them. Is there an estimated time frame that the overhaul of the sandbox will be completed? Is there any other working way to create disputes in the sandbox resolution center? Any information you have would be great, as I need more disputes in the sandbox resolution center so I can continue to test my application. Thanks in Advance
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image jourbandts commented ·
There is no ETA for the complete overhaul yet. But they were hoping to have it complete by the end of the year. You can still create disputes using the API, http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/AddDispute.html#AddDispute.
0 Likes 0 ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image $$anonymous$$ jourbandts commented ·
Thank you. One last question... To my understanding you can only make Unpaid Item disputes using the AddDispute API call. Is there any way to make Significantly Not As Described or Item Not Received disputes with the Sandbox not working? I can't seem to find an API call that allows for that as they need to be opened from the buyer end. Thanks again for your help
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image jourbandts commented ·
No we do not have any API's to open disputes on the buyers behalf. You probably noticed that 99% of our API's are seller based.
0 Likes 0 ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image $$anonymous$$ jourbandts commented ·
That's what I thought. So to be clear at this time there is no way to create Buyer disputes (Significantly not as described/Item not received) in the Sandbox?
0 Likes 0 ·
jourbandts avatar image jourbandts $$anonymous$$ commented ·
Not that I know of, but hopefully it will be fixed shortly.
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
0 Likes"
fishengirl2012 answered
LOL kinda like the internal server error I got when trying to accept your answer... I can't find the exact documentation off the top of my head, I have read so much lately I am surprised my head hasn't exploded. I made another post in another thread as well about a not being able to use the feedback system as everything I try send for feedback through the API is to vulgar, even a simple thank you. I was told the issue has been cleared up, but obviously not if I am still getting it 2 weeks after the original thread was started and using code copied and pasted from the api tool. Is it safe to assume this is all part of the changes going on as well, and will be cleared up once the changes are complete? I would like to continue to develop for Ebay but when a customer is paying by the hour they get a little upset seeing all these hours for having to troubleshoot my code only to find out it is a bug in the system. Never mind being asked for $75 before being able to submit a ticket for something that isn't my fault. I get the premise behind it but really it is asking a little to much.
10 |600

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.