question

wirthszelle avatar image
0 Likes"
wirthszelle asked

cant set payment method in sandbox user backend

i need help setting the payment method for my sandbox user to test the M2E Pro Magento Extension. when i try following the link ( https://arbd.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PaymentSelectionShowV4&v2redirectpage=2534) in my backend to set the payment methods, i'm always getting a secure certificate error in firefox or a service unavailable in chrome. please help
error-sandbox
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi Can you tell me how did you get this url ? Thanks
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wirthszelle avatar image
0 Likes"
wirthszelle answered
hi i tried to set my automatic payment method in my.sandbox.ebay.com account backend i also tried to set check or paypal settings with same error . see the attachement![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/160-my+ebay+account++business+information.png

10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi Most likely it is a bug or an unsupported feature in sandbox. Can you give me your developer account username ? I will file a bug report on your behalf and share updates via ticket ? Thanks
10 |600

ppqauctions avatar image
0 Likes"
ppqauctions answered
This is an issue for me as well. It means that a sandbox eBay store cannot be set up - a big problem I would assume!
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi @ppqauctions You should be able to setup eBay store in sandbox. Please make sure your eBay sandbox test account is a business account, and it is linked to PayPal sandbox test account. If you face any issues in linking your eBay test account with PayPal account, please provide me the eBay test account username and your PayPal sandbox email address. Thanks
10 |600

urupay avatar image
0 Likes"
urupay answered
Hi, I am having the same issue. My steps are: Go to subscribe select basic store, then there I get a validation error: **An automatic payment method is required to subscribe to an eBay Store.** So when I go to Account > Business Information > click on Update your automatic payment method. This give me a certificate error and a server unavailable message. I am using a business account with a PayPal account linked. Hope this helps to troubleshoot further Thanks Renzo
10 |600

1 Like"
@urupay : Thanks Renzo for the details. I know the issue now. I have informed the engineering team about it, and will update this thread once I have an update.
10 |600

ppqauctions avatar image
0 Likes"
ppqauctions answered
Renzo describes my issue exactly. I have a business account & correct PayPal setup. cheers
10 |600

1 Like"
Hi @ppqauctions and @urupay : The issue has been resolved. You should now be able to subscribe to a basic store in sandbox. Please let me know if you are still facing any issues. Thanks
10 |600

Great! I can confirm that works for me now. Thanks for sorting it out. Renzo
0 Likes 0 ·
gearcart avatar image
1 Like"
gearcart answered
I am also experiencing the same issue as Renzo described. Following the method Renzo describes, i'm greeted with a Http/1.1 Service Unavailable. I've also tried setting up the payment method as per this guide ( http://pages.sandbox.ebay.com.au/help/sell/automatic-payments.html#change) which instructs me to navigate to the "Account" tab and then under "Payment methods for Seller Fees" to "click the Change automatic payment method link and then make your selection". The only problem is, nothing at all is displayed under "Payment methods for Seller Fees", except an error message above it saying "Some My eBay features are not available at this time. Please try again later". These error messages have been persistent over the past few days. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/229-myaccount.jpg We need to get this test store up and running so we can test some integration, any help will be appreciated.

myaccount.jpg (297.8 KiB)
10 |600

@gearcart This has been resolved (at least last time I tried) Few things to double check: - In Account>Business Information is the Account type there set to **business** ? - In the PayPal Account section can you see **"Your eBay account is linked with your Paypal account: xxxxxx@.."** This is required to sign up for the store. By the way the resolutions for this wasn't allowing the user to setup automatic payments but instead now that is not longer validated when signing up for a store subscription. Hope this helps Renzo
0 Likes 0 ·
@urupay The account type is definitely set to **business**, and the PayPal section does display "**Your eBay account is linked with your Paypal account:xxxxxxx@..**" Any other suggestions?
0 Likes 0 ·
@gearcart Just to double check we are on the same page. You trying to sign up for a store or only want to setup automatic payments ? If only the second may I ask why do you need to do this ?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @gearcart If your intent is to subscribe to a store, store subscription should work in sandbox. If you are having any issues, please provide your eBay sandbox username and your PayPal test username, so that I can double check that these accounts are correctly linked. As far as setting up automatic payment is concerned, that might not work in sandbox, but can you please tell your exact requirement if you are blocked due to this issue. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
@urupay Yes I am trying to sign up for a store. I only want to setup automatic payments so that I may complete the store setup. @vijayta.developersupport I managed to work my way around the problem by creating an eBay store in the US eBay sandbox environment. The issue I described was in the Australia eBay sandbox environment - changing from the Australia sandbox site to the US one, I was able to complete the test store setup.
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @gearcart Yes, I do see the issue in Australia eBay sandbox site. I will get it fixed and will update you. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.